This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Fenix 5x, 6x vs Garmin 64 Map range ...

Thinking of getting either a Fenix 5x, 6x or the 64s or "st" Map handheld..

Does anyone know if the watches provide a more accurate GPS position over the handhelds or are they similar...

Ideally I need a new watch along with a GPS, so the watch seemed like the best of both worlds, Plus you can pick up a Fenix 5x for about £300.00, and it comes with a heart rate monitor and dozens of other features along with maps, albeit on a small screen...

Any advice would be welcome..

Cheers
Tim

Comments

• sussamb 829 Points
    edited March 31
    I would say it depends exactly why you're after your gps position. If it's simply so you know where you are on a paper map then it'll be fine, and accuracy is on a par with a handheld. If though like me you plan to use it as your primary nav aid when hiking then a handheld would be better than a watch :)
  • trc199 5 Points
    sussamb said:

I would say it depends exactly why you're after your gps position. If it's simply so you know where you are on a paper map then it'll be fine, and accuracy is on a par with a handheld. If though like me you plan to use it as your primary nav aid when hiking then a handheld would be better than a watch :)

Thanks....
    I'll probably go with the watch after your reply...

Cheers
    Tim