This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Tempe won’t stay connected GPSMap64s

I’ve had the Tempe sensor for a number of years now, recently it refuses to stay connected, and once disconnected that’s that until I remove and reconnect the battery! I’ve tried the obvious (battery replacement etc) but it will not stay connected to the unit. Previously even if it was not connected for a while it would automatically reconnect when in close enough proximity. I can’t find anywhere to reset it or ‘unpair’ it from my unit to try and ‘pair it again, is it just simply time to throw it in the bin or is there a fix?
Regards
Graham

Comments

• privet01 229 Points
    edited April 15
    I'd think the issue is with the GPSmap. When my Garmin Edge does a similar thing with my HR monitor or speed/cadence sensor, It's typically been the Edge device. I'll have to go in an re-pair the device and save the pairing. Typically does happen around battery replacement time, but it's been awhile since I've had to mess with that.

The last time I had issues though was three years ago. It happened with a new HR strap, I called Garmin and it still ended up being the Edge unit. The Garmin rep over the phone had me do several things and I don't quite remember what or the order I did them. So give them a call and see what they say. Even if you are long out of warranty, they may offer you a flat rate repair that typically is a replacement with a refurb'd unit for a very low cost that might be worth it.

There is a menu item in the GPSmap that might be some steps you need to go through again..........

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/gpsmap64/EN-US/GUID-5EFEE8C1-557C-4DBD-BA3A-064E00B4EFEC.html
  • GMHeyes 80 Points
    Thank you, I will try the above, I have noticed today that it occasionally re connects, but soon disconnects. It’s only a foot away so there are no distance issues.
    Regards