This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Garmin Nuvi 2577 SD & Map

Good day,
I'm sure I am not the only one with this problem. I succeeded to add the North America 2019 (two years ago) and also a Europe map a year ago.
Now I'm been trying to install on my SD card North America 2020 for the last 3 weeks ... tried everything I could find on google to no avail. Tried different SD cards ... reformatted them ... but any map I place in the SD card is not seen. Anybody has any suggestions or things I can try out? I remember a few years ago I need to change some settings in the *.xml file.

Comments

• sussamb 947 Points
    I assume you're running Express? Is it up to date? If so where does it fail?
  • Boyd 2028 Points
    edited December 2020
    Just checking: did you reformat your card as FAT32? If you don't, the card will work on your computer but not on the GPS.
  • Garnunb Express = v7.2.0.0
    My SD is formatted FAT32
  • Garmin Express
  • SD = 32Gb
  • In my SD ... I have a \Garmin subdirectory as per everyone's instruction.
    File is GMAPSUPP.img.
  • privet01 231 Points
    Just to be clear, are you trying to install the Garmin City Navigator North America map? Where did you get the older version you are trying to install? CN North America NT 2021.30 is the latest and greatest.

And, did your Nuvi have lifetime updates or have you purchased a map update from Garmin?

If you bought a map update from other than Garmin, well that can be part of the issue.

Now if you are updating the Nuvi with the SD card installed and allowing Garmin Express to download and install the map, then tell us exactly where you are having an issue and any error messages if any.

For me, I have issues when updating through a wifi connection. I usually plug my computer into an ethernet cable when updating via Garmin Express. There is a lot of wifi congestion in my neighborhood and my old wifi doesn't have enough channels to overcome the two dozen or so wifi's in range of my computer.
  • Thanks for answering me.
    I am trying to install CN N A 2020.30 which I got off the internet. Same way I got the 2019 version and the Europe versions. I did not buy it from Garmin and I also don't have lifetime updates when I purchased my Garmin from Costco many a few years ago. My gps is plugged directly into my computer.

• Boyd 2028 Points
    Please correct me if I am wrong.... when you say you "got it off the internet" and "did not buy it", that sounds like you have an illegal copy of Garmin's copyrighted map. If so, that is something we absolutely cannot discuss here. GPSReview has a zero-tolerance policy for this type of thing.
  • Well ... that's about it. But I thank you for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated
  • Boyd 2028 Points
    Thread has been locked.
This discussion has been closed.
↑ Top