This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

GPS Passion Gone?

Been down for three days, staring to look like our sister forum has ceased to exist. Nothing had been posted on there for some time.

Comments

• sussamb 947 Points
    I've given up even checking it.
  • Boyd 2028 Points
    That would be a shame, although I rarely bother to check there anymore. They have been down for a few days before however. A quick Google search found a Facebook page and Twitter account that haven't been used in almost 10 years. ;)
  • Boyd 2028 Points
    edited December 2020
    There's a forum in the "back room" where some of us have discussed past GPSPassion outages. One of them lasted from October 29 to November 3, 2017. So maybe we shouldn't count them out quite yet. :) Seems to me that they would make some kind of announcement before actually shutting down.

But that day will probably come, laptopGPSWorld shut down last summer, its owner was also a moderator at GPSPassion. I posted about the shutdown here and nobody even cared enough to respond, LOL.

http://forums.gpsreview.net/discussion/31482/laptop-gps-world-is-shutting-down/p1
  • Boyd 2028 Points
    Still no signs of life, so I fear that you are right, they are gone. Wonder what happened? Would have been nice if they set a deadline and said goodbye before just pulling the plug. Hope this doesn't mean that something bad happened to the owner...
  • Yup, not looking good though unusual to just disappear without warninh.

I've tried the IP addresses in the DNS record and the CNAME alias without joy.

Part of the problem with online communities, people often just disappear if ill or worse.

Let's hope for the best.
  • t923347 533 Points
    FYI, if it's gone they didn't even let the moderators know it was about to close down. :(
  • Boyd 2028 Points
    Wow, that makes me think that something bad happened...
  • https://www.dodgetalk.com/threads/gps-passion-gone.658004/

Someone copying my posts, even the typo!!

URL is still owned for a few months, guess the hosting has not been renewed, Boyd could be right as there was no announcement.
  • Boyd 2028 Points
    edited December 2020
    Chris_Sav said:

Someone copying my posts, even the typo!!

That's a spam bot (on a site that is not very well moderated).