This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

help with my 7100

coop 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
I just purchase a 7100 for me. And seems to have some problems. My wife has a Garmin and that is what I am use to using.

1) turning off the unit, seems to be a problem or I am missing something.
I push the power button (1-10 sec) and the unit seems to turn off, but if you push the button again, the last page shows right up, it does not go through the start up information, Is this correct?

2) Is there a way to type in a place, business and search for it that way?

3) Is there a way to make the font bigger, for like the speed and distance boxes on the right?

I am sure that I will have more questions as I go along, but these are just some I can find in the manual.

Thanks
Coop

Comments

• ooda 0 Points
    1. It seems to take 7-8 secs to turn off. Once it's off you will have to hold the power button for 6 secs to turn it back on.

2. When searching, it seems like you have to select each category it falls under. Even though there are ton's of POI’s that show up on the map when your driving, there is no way to search for it, like Best Buy or Circuit city for instance.

3. I haven't seen an option in the manual about changing the font size.
  • coop 0 Points
    1. It seems to take 7-8 secs to turn off. Once it's off you will have to hold the power button for 6 secs to turn it back on.

2. When searching, it seems like you have to select each category it falls under. Even though there are ton's of POI’s that show up on the map when your driving, there is no way to search for it, like Best Buy or Circuit city for instance.

3. I haven't seen an option in the manual about changing the font size.
    first thanks

1) that does seem to happen, it will just come right back on with the push of the on/off button. Could there be something wrong?
  • coop 0 Points
    I should of said "that doesn't seem to happen"
  • that does seem to happen, it will just come right back on with the push of the on/off button. Could there be something wrong?
    No unit, not even the garmin can you change the font size. Best you'll be able to do is to zoom in to the setting more, but that won't effect the information boxes. As for turning the unit off it sounds like you are putting the unit into Standby mode. You need to push the power button in and HOLD it in for a minimum of 7 seconds. If you let go of the power button and press it again and unit comes right back on, then it's still in Standby mode. Our two biggest beefs with the 7100 are that it gives you no indication when the unit is actually off (no LED indicator or sound indicator) and that the unit does not remember volume settings. Hopefully they will address both issues in the next firmware update.