This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Map update: How long did it take?

TimmyB44 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
I just ordered my map update yesterday morning and got an email that said it would arrive in 3-4 weeks. Thank goodness they are using USPS priority mail!

How long did it actually take for them to get yours to you?

tim 8)

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    I never ordered it myself. A few of the TomTom devices I have came with the new maps and the devices I have with the older maps I'm not going to update for historical purposes.

However The one person who mentioned shipping of the new maps said he received them the next day. That might be an exception, but I don't think it will take 3-4 weeks.
  • birdy176 0 Points
    I just ordered my map update yesterday morning and got an email that said it would arrive in 3-4 weeks. Thank goodness they are using USPS priority mail!

How long did it actually take for them to get yours to you?

tim 8)
    Mine arrived 12 days after ordering. The presentation was excellently packaged, well worth 600 pence. Clear instructions were included and installation was smooth.
  • TimmyB44 0 Points
    Thanks, birdy. I hope it comes that quickly; we're going to Atlanta in two weeks and I want it to be as up-to-date as possible.

tim 8)
  • birdy176 0 Points
    You're welcome, TimmyB,

Unless you plan visiting some brand-new developments in AT, you'll be covered. The "old" maps aren't that muh different unless a road was just recently opened to traffic.

I have had my toy for about 2 months and saw no difference between the versions. But then I'm not a trucker or delivery person who depends on the latest.

Enjoy your TT as much as I am - even traveling "vicariously" till the weather gets better.
  • TimmyB44 0 Points
    Enjoy your TT as much as I am - even traveling "vicariously" till the weather gets better.
    Huh???

I thought you were from Oregon. They don't allow bad weather out there! :lol:

You are right about the vicariously, though. I have my two next big trips already programmed into it. I can't wait to see how it performs!

tim 8)
  • birdy176 0 Points
    Timmy,

Am surprised that you did that without asking a thousand stupid questions as I did - and still do - but I am looking forward to seeing yours so I can learn. Am in a big wrestling match with my new toy which will not let me travel from here to Lake Havasu in Arizona on a scenic route via Vegas, Needles and Topock AZ on I-40.

It insists on sending me from Needles south to Parker on the west side of the Colorado and then back up again on the eastern shore.

Must be a right (or left-) wing conspiracy to force me to buy gas in California. :twisted:
  • TimmyB44 0 Points
    Well, I'm a middle school teacher, so if I haven't read the directions, I can't get on my kids about doing the same!

It's really quite easy. Establish the places that you want to travel through as "favorites", then build an itinerary to hit those favorites in order, including "home" at the end of your trip. It will route your whole trip for you. Remember to hit "Save Itinerary" when finished, so that you can recall it later.

Sounds like a nice trip, BTW!

tim 8)