This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Deleting files on TT 910

birdy176 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
My turn-by-turn routing reviews fail to reflect the mapped itinerary and I want to purge all itineraries (I made four of them as tests of using way points).

1) - What files can I delete when docked to HOME without touching needed ones?

2) - Can it be done on the device itself?

I have been doing that via the procedure provided for in the Menu but when I turn on the device during another drive (or in-house learning session...), the "deleted" route reappears.

Although the backing-up procedure recommended is quite a lengthy one (even sans maps and other goodies), I do so on a weekly basis.

Comments

• Tim 1479 Points
    1) I would avoid this manual, hand to hand combat on files whenever possible... too easy to mess something up.

2) Yes, and this is the preferred method. From the Itinerary planning section click 'Options' and then 'Delete Itinerary'. A list of all saved itineraries will be displayed. You can select the one(s) you want to delete and then click yes to the confirmation.

What could be confusing you is that Itineraries can seemingly exist without it being "Saved". It is simply loaded into a temporary memory. To get rid of it, just delete each of the waypoints and destinations in that Itinerary. With all of the waypoints and destinations gone from the Itinerary AND all of the Itineraries deleted per #2 above, everything related to Itinerary Planning should be wiped out.
  • birdy176 0 Points
    Thanks, Tim, great advice again.

In your parag. 3 you explained what I was going to ask next, eg., the need to delete each of the points one-by-one. I had thought there was a "global" way of doing it.
  • Tim 1479 Points
    For itineraries that are permanently saved, you can delete the itinerary without deleting each individual point. But for the "working" itinerary (which may or may not also be saved) you need to delete each point.
  • birdy176 0 Points
    Thanks again, Tim.

Noticed that I copied your idea of GPS location? It's the westernmost point in the contiguous "48" that one can live without drowning in the Pacific surf.
  • Tim 1479 Points
    Very nice! :)