This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Panasonic Strada Portable GPS - 5" screen

I see that Costco now has the new Panasonic Strada GPS for $449. Excellent price for the features as indicated below. Panasonic is a major player in Europe and have now branched out to the portable units. Any idea when one of these will be reviewed to see how it stacks up?

The Panasonic Strada will not disappoint. From turn by turn voice guidance with street names text to speech, to built in Bluetooth Technology for cell phone integration to a brilliant 5" Wide Screen 3D graphic display to a Lane Assist guidance feature. The Panasonic Strada Portable Navigation System will surely impress. The Panasonic Strada GPS is ready to use right out of the box with millions of points of interest in 51 categories.

Includes:

Cigarette Lighter Adapter
Mounting Bracket
Adapter Plate
Dash Mounting Plate
USB cable
2GB SD Memory Card
DVD-ROM (Operating Instruction Included)

Features:

Display: 5" diagonal, 391,680 pixels with LED backlight Touch screen display
Unit dimensions: 5.08” W x 3.42”H x 1.22” D
Weight: .62 lbs
51 Categories of Points of Interest
Preloaded maps: Preloaded USA, Canada, Mexico & Puerto Rico
Lithium-ion Battery life: Up to 4hrs
Voice Prompts: Turn right in 500 ft.
Speaks Street Names: Turn right on Elm Street in 500 ft.
3D Graphic Display
Voice Recognition
Lane Assist Guidance
SD Memory Card Slot: 2GB Memory Card included
Integrated Bluetooth
Traffic information ready
Speed limit warning
Speed control volume
SD slot
JPEG viewer

Comments

• Tim 1466 Points
    Existing threads here, here, and here.
  • Hey Thanks Tim...much appreciated. I looked for some threads but did not find. Like they say if your not looking in the right place to start with then you are lost!

Looks like this may not be a top performer. I will watch for a review and see how it shakes out.

Thanks again