This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

BLUETOOTH AGGRAVATION!

I just bought a Blackberry Curve 8310 PDA/Phone and when I try to connect it via Bluetooth to my Nuvi 760, the Nuvi finds the 8310 and it connects to the 760, but then right after it connects, it disconnects just a second later. I see the Blackberry 8310 in the Nuvi itself and it registered in the 760 just fine, but for some reason it wont stay connected. Would you happen to know how to fix this?

Thank you,

Scott Allen

Comments

• gatorguy 326 Points
    I've noted Blackberry issues in the past and a couple of posters indicated that the issue resolved itself after applying the recent Garmin Bluetooth update.
  • Update? Where do I get it, I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks bro,

Scott
  • gatorguy 326 Points
    Use Garmin webupdater. Should probably be the first item, perhaps the second if you haven't yet applied the December firmware update. (Note: be sure to safe remove same as you would with a USB flashdrive before disconnecting nuvi after updating)
  • mine does the same thing. i've got the blackberry 8700 and i've updated the s/w, but it still does it. i have found that if you turn the bluetooth off on the blackberry before you shut down the GPS, then it syncs up fine after about 2 trys when you power up the GPS again. i've got the 660 :x
  • Garmin is famous for having problematic Bluetooth. I can't begin to tell you how many times clients have complained about it. We've tested their phones with other (non-garmin) GPS units and they synced right up, it's only with the Garmin that they had issues.
  • gatorguy 326 Points
    AngelArs, is the complaint specifically with Blackberry's? I haven't seen alot of complaints with bluetooth sync on the new nuvi's, except with the Blackberry's, but maybe I've missed them.
  • Nope, it is with any phone that has Bluetooth. Most (but not all) seem to be Samsungs (worked on one just yesterday) but it's not just Samsungs by any stretch of the imagination. It may also be that in this area Samsung phones sell more, so that may also be why we see more of them...

Having said that the Samsung phones (and ALL of the other brands including Blackberry's) seem to work good with non-garmin GPS units, so our impression has always been that the problem was on Garmins end. It seems to be hit or miss. Also if it doesn't connect, start from scratch. We get better results when we do.
  • I have a 760 and my phone wont sync, I just bought my wife a 660 and she finally just got hers to sync. i didnt realize the 660 was so ghetto when compared to the 760. Whats up with the POI's and the 660? Why arent they just there like in my 760? My wife is going nuts trying to get POI's loaded. I am about to return it for the 760...

Any tip, tricks or hints?

Blud
  • I am about to return it for the 760...
    We just got rid of our 660. It was 'OK' but nothing to write home about. We like our 7100 much more. Why not give her your 760 and get yourself a new 880 next month? :D
  • I was actually looking into the Navigon 7100, but it seems there are too many issues with it right now relating to its navigation. I read 77 reviews on Amazon and they weren't good, lol. Kinda scared me off.

The wife seems happy with her 660, too me its ghetto because I have the 760. Garmin really does make the best GPS in my opinion. There may be other GPS units out there with more bling, but navigation is the bottom line. When Navigon gets their sh*t together I may take another look. For now my 760 is the best GPS I have ever owned. It's accurate like you wouldn't believe and it never picks stupid routes.

Blud
  • I was actually looking into the Navigon 7100, but it seems there are too many issues with it right now relating to its navigation.
    Wait a few weeks. They have fixed this and will be releasing an update by the end of the month.
    I read 77 reviews on Amazon and they weren't good, lol. Kinda scared me off.
    That's what they were supposed to do. Amazon was sited for allowing people that worked for competitors (most of which never held a 7100 in their hands) to 'review' the unit. The same thing happened at several other sites. We have several issues with our 7100 (like it doesn't save volume settings) but all in all we much prefer it to any other GPS unit, including any current garmin. The 880 does look nice but it is WAY over priced, and by the time the price comes down some other company will have a better unit out :wink:
  • infama 0 Points
    I was actually looking into the Navigon 7100, but it seems there are too many issues with it right now relating to its navigation.

Wait a few weeks. They have fixed this and will be releasing an update by the end of the month.

I read 77 reviews on Amazon and they weren't good, lol. Kinda scared me off.

That's what they were
    supposed to do. Amazon was sited for allowing people that worked for competitors (most of which never held a 7100 in their hands) to 'review' the unit. The same thing happened at several other sites. We have several issues with our 7100 (like it doesn't save volume settings) but all in all we much prefer it to any other GPS unit, including any current garmin. The 880 does look nice but it is WAY over priced, and by the time the price comes down some other company will have a better unit out :wink:
    Interesting.

Are U famailiar with the TT 920? How would you compare to the Navigon 7100?
  • Are U famailiar with the TT 920? How would you compare to the Navigon 7100?
    Between the 920 and the 920T I like the 920T better. A friend loaned me his and I was seriously thinking about getting one, UNTIL the price on the 7100 started to drop. We ended up getting the 7100 for only 350.00 and we've since heard that they have been sold for as little as 269.00! You simply cannot beat the 7100's value with all that it offers. Now after having lived with the 7100 for a while I am VERY HAPPY that we picked it over the TT. You can (unofficially) do things with the 7100 that you can't do with the garmins, tomtom's, ect. For example, last week we added a video player to ours, so now we can watch movies on it. The 7100 also has Reality View, Lane Assist, Voice Command, and Free lifetime TMC which is nothing to sneeze at, considering it makes the 7100 an even better value. To be honest there are only two (small) things that I do not like about the 7100 (no GPS unit is perfect) and both of those things are software driven so they can be changed easily. The first is that the unit does not remember your volume setting. It reverts to being in the middle. Secondly the 'Show Map' button is tucked away. They should either add another button to the main screen or put the 'show map' button where the 'take me home' button is, because the 7100 has voice command and you don't need two ways to take you home :wink: Other than those two minor things I love the 7100 and can see why it is the winner of more awards than any other GPS unit. Navigon is also the fastest selling GPS units currently on the market and that is saying a lot considering they've only been on the market full time for a couple of months. Today I'm going to learn how to customize the maps on it and make a custom splash screen for it. Sometime within the next few weeks Navigon will be releasing an update to the 7100 so it will be even better then. The Reality View is really a nice feature, and does help to navigate you better. It's so nice that now Sony is going to be adding a similar feature to their GPS units.

One of the things that the upcoming update will address is better routing, but I do NOT have an issue with the 7100's routing, INFACT I am very happy with it. Last week we had to go to a clients house and we've been there before but didn't want to miss a turn, so we asked the 7100 to take us there. Along the way the 7100 'appeared' to be taking us on a wierd route, but we followed its directions anyway. Turns out the 7100 saved us over 15 minutes from the way that the TomTom and garmins used to always take us :wink: Keep in mind that the Navigon has 4 route settings instead of just a few like other units and my guess is that those that are complaining simply didn't try all of the settings, or their 7100 wasn't configured correctly. Those settings are important because they determine how the unit calculates the route. Next week after the update is released, I am going to compare the 7100 routes to the TT and garmins, and all units will be in the same settings (quick, shortest, optimum, scenic, ect.) so it will be a more apples with apples comparison. If you have a specific 'test' that you would like to see just let me know and I will get together with my friends 920 and we will see how they do :)
  • infama 0 Points
    OK...I see you have ignored a few things.

First, thanks for the thorough response!

Second, let me challenge a few points you made and add a few observations.

The 920 and 920T are exactly the same except for the inclusion of the TMC receiver in the latter. Indeed, I had a 910 before and so already had a receiver. Indeed, I got one new online here in Eurpe for $50! TMC traffic is always free in Europe, so no advantage to Navigon here. Also they dont have dual continental mapping, which is important to those who travel across the Atlantic a lot. To my mind, the 7100 is comparable to the 720T, not the 920T.

Navigon uses Navteq maps so routing should be closer to Garmin than TT!

You can install video playback with mobilnova on most any TT unit. I had it on the 910 and it worked well. Indeed, though I agree that the 7100 is great value, a refurb. 910 will blow it away for value and hackability. All that storage 20gb, you can store as many vids as you could reasonably want. The 910 with 6.75 maps can also give you mapshare, quickmenu and Help Me! function. You also have an infra remote.

The 920 has what the 910 has but with 4gb solid state memory , bluetooth remote, FM transmitter, and EPT. With QuickGPSfix, TTFF is super rapid!

I have issues with the Euro 710 maps, but I am confident that TT will fix this shortly. CeBit is coming in March and you KNOW TT will have major announcements then. Before that they will be fixing some minor bugs and the Mac issue. I a confident as they always done this in the past.

The 920 has voice recognition, and I am sure the utility of it will be extended free via firmware in the near future. The good news is that basic technicalities of VR is sound (works well from a tech point of view), so improving the utility will be relatively trivial.

Now to some major issues I saw reported in Navigon reviews. The screen is not responsive and requires multiple taps at time to register. I can say that the 920 is SUPERB for this. I tested a 760 thourougly yesterday and it requires a firmer touch than the 920. I see the Magellan prototype s boasting that it will have the best screen responsiveness, but if so that may not be a good idea. The TT 920 is almost TOO responsive already. All but the very faintest touch registers! The Navigon also has tiny input screen and requires a stylus to hit the buttons.

I also read that the Navigon is SSSLLLOOOOWWWW in processing. To be fair however, I hear that performance perks up when a fast high capacity SD card is added. In other words, dont use the supplied card, but rather copy over to a hi-perf. quality made card and you should be set.

Reality view is a gimmick to my mind, as the screen is static, however, it is "pretty" and I can see why some will like it.

Navigon has won many US awards, but WW I am not sure of that claim. The device is gorgeous, but so is the 920!!!

In summary, I can see some positives to the 7100, just as I can say the same for most of the high end units like the HP with the super fast processor and the HD screen, the Garmins with their elegant but chintsy implementations, the Mios with their chock full of features like the TTs, and the efficient/good value Magellans with their crappy cust. service.

The market is better for having many players with varied strengths and who attack the various niches.

Edit:
    Would you agree with the following user review as well as the assertion that the fonts are too small on the Navigon?

as a limo driver, here are my complaints re: the navigon 7100...volume is too low even when set at high...it does not display the next street name ahead as a garmin does...it does not allow you to enter intersections....long delay getting sattelite..all of this in addition to your comments which were accurate. after 2 days I returned the navigon for a nuvi680
  • gatorguy 326 Points
    Infama, to be fair I would say the large majority of the US users will never miss not having European maps/ In addition the TT EU map misses several popular tourists destinations (ie, Greece). Comparing a new ANYGPS to a refurbished OTHERGPS opens some VERY creative comparisons, so we should all probably just compare apples. Regarding navigon, they apparently use a significantly different routing algorithm than Garmin, so I'm not sure that the two would be comparable in routing simply because of the shared map (aren't most highways in the same place on TA and Navteq maps).
    I have seen comments of the 920 being too sensitive to inadvertent screen taps and like you, that the Navigon could benefit from a bit more sensitivity.
    It doesn't appear that TT has been all that responsive to mapping issues in the past, as some of them have existed several years and have yet to be addressed, so I wouldn't be overly confident that TT will take care off this one in a manner that will satisfy the majority of TT users. I would also expect that additional voice funtionality will be found in a future unit and not issued as firmware for the 920. After all, voice functions found in the EU version 720 were disabled for the US 720 to make the 920 look better over here. (Proof is that the voice nav can be reactivated by a simple batch file change, so the function did exist). TT also has been very slow in taking care of the Mac issue.
    With the latest announcements from Garmin, I would agree that TT needs to have something major by CeBIT or they will have fallen behind the curve.
  • infama 0 Points
    Gator, before now TT was the Most Mac friendly manufacturer! That is why many bought TT in the first place. I am sure they are working feverishly on this.

The release of Navcore 7 was a major major upgrade given free to ALL tt users, even with the Go classic! Those new features like Mapshare and help Me! are available to them too (mapshare with more recent maps though). TT does not tend to hold back features for hardware update like Garmin!

Regarding maps, the release of Nth America ver 6.65 last year was a major step up in accuracy, briefly outstripping the Navteq maps. These maps were given free to American users! TomTom is not perfect, but does have a stellar past in taking care of their customers in the end. The big problem is their poor communication internally and externally.

Greece and Turkey are the only major countries missing and Garmin maps only primary roads there, so not much more help.

I brought up 910 refurbs as thee are a ton of them on the market and they still rightfully sell well. Its a great device!

Touch sensitivity on the 920 is great as it allows very fast entry once you get used to the controls. Small learning curve.

FINALLY, the VR on the US 720 was a technical issue. It simply was not possible before the release of the 7.10 maps. They could not get it right in time and wanted to hit the US market ASAP, as they had already obsoleted the 910 units. Indeed, the US got the 920 BEFORE Europe. US is their priority now, as Europe is Garmin's.

This market is very tit for tat, so I dont see anyone going too far behind the curve. The feature with MOST potential though is mapshare. When that matures, Kaboom for TT.

I know most would not pay for the Euro maps, but if anyone has any inkling of traveling here, I am sure they put SOME value f thrown in Euro maps.
  • gatorguy 326 Points
    edited January 2008
    So if TT does not hold back features, explain why voice has never been addressed in 720 firmware update? If they are so responsive to map issues, why has Hawaii issue never been taken care of (it is a simple software issue). I didn't realize there were so many 910 refurb's? Was there an issue with them that there were that many?
  • The 920 and 920T are exactly the same except for the inclusion of the TMC receiver in the latter.
    Yes, and that's why we like it more :wink:
    TMC traffic is always free in Europe, so no advantage to Navigon here.
    Yes that's a good point, IF someone lives in Europe...

TMC traffic should be free in ALL countries.
    they dont have dual continental mapping, which is important to those who travel across the Atlantic a lot.
    Not sure what you mean by this.
    You can install video playback with mobilnova on most any TT unit.
    Mobilnova costs extra money. The software to add features to the Navigon are free downloads.
    All that storage 20gb
    Not sure what you mean by this as it comes with 4Gb.
    CeBit is coming in March and you KNOW TT will have major announcements then.
    Yes, can't wait :)
    Now to some major issues I saw reported in Navigon reviews.
    As mentioned many of those 'reviews' were faked. I'd depend more on professional reviews from sources like Tim then on so-called 'customer' reviews. Many things that we were told about the 7100 from so-called 'customers' were not true or flatly exaggerated.
    The screen is not responsive and requires multiple taps at time to register.
    This is one of those exaggerations that grew over time. The first 7100's were designed to be used with the stylus, not the soft fleshy portion of a persons finger. In current units Navigon has adjusted for this and our 7100 has absolutely no problems with responsiveness. I'd compare it roughly to our garmin. In the next few weeks Navigon is going to be addressing this even further with their update. I'm hoping that they will be the first to allow people to adjust the screens responsiveness, like you adjust the screens brightness. Then everyone will be happy.
    I also read that the Navigon is SSSLLLOOOOWWWW in processing.
    Actually when it comes to recalculating a route we have found it to be much faster than the garmins. It's almost instantaneous (5-10 seconds) it all depends on your cars speed - rural VS. freeway.
    To be fair however, I hear that performance perks up when a fast high capacity SD card is added.
    We just bought a 8 Gig class 6 card so we will be thoroughly testing it as soon as it arrives (in all 3 GPS units).
    Reality view is a gimmick to my mind, as the screen is static
    I am GLAD that it is static and I'll explain why. First, a GPS unit is supposed to 'guide you' along your way, it is not supposed to have an 'entertainment' factor. It's supposed to be like having a friend in the next seat that knows all of the roads and gives you precise directions. It is NOT something that is supposed to distract your eyes from the road! If Reality View was animated it would do just that, distract you from keeping your eyes on the road. Depending on your speed it usually only stays on your screen for around 10 -15 seconds anyway, then it automatically reverts to normal view (as soon as you pass the exit). We rely mostly on the voice portion of the navigation, only looking at the screen to confirm certain turns. Reality View has saved our butt at least twice so far and we find it very useful indeed. It is one of the reasons why we no longer use our garmin on long trips, or on trips where we need to get somewhere in a hurry, for example; a clients house. I suppose they could 'tweak' it just a bit but adding animation to it would not be welcomed. There are very good reasons why it is against the law for a driver NOT to watch videos. Anything distracting would not be an added benefit, it would be just the opposite. I'm not looking for 'wow factor' I'm looking for accurate, easy to follow directions from point A to point B, and that's what it currently does.
    Navigon has won many US awards, but WW I am not sure of that claim.
    Not 'just' in the U.S. - I know of several that it won overseas. I believe the 'Red' award is one of them.
    The market is better for having many players with varied strengths and who attack the various niches.
    Yes we agree 100%. All units, even the Dash and Ndrive are welcomed if for no other reason that they add many useful features that can trickle down to the mainstream.

Would you agree with the following user review as well as the assertion that the fonts are too small on the Navigon?
    The fonts are small BUT I have heard that they can be changed via one file tweak (another thing that we like about the Navigon). We are currently looking into this, however in all fairness you have to also keep in mind that there is so much information being displayed, and only so much real estate to display it on, so I don't blame Navigon for this per se, I DO however wish that they would allow the fonts to get bigger IF you turn off some of the features (like altitude for example). They may indeed do this in the next update. It wouldn't be that hard to do with a software tweak.
    volume is too low even when set at high
    No, this is one thing that I do NOT agree with. The volume is fine on the 7100. It's low on the 2100. The volume is so good that we can even hear voice commands over our radio. Since they are in a limo they should be having no problems what-so-ever because the front of the car (where they'd be using the unit) would be comparable to a pickup truck space wise. Maybe they got one of the first units and it's different from the current 7100's, or they just need to clean the wax out of their ears or get them checked. What build do they have? Ours is 77 and the volume is fine. The ONLY thing that we don't like volume wise is that you have to keep resetting it. The default is midway. I am praying that the upcoming software update addresses this. It would be VERY easy to fix.
    it does not display the next street name ahead
    Again, I'm not sure what this limo driver is smoking but it DOES indeed display this information. If they had spent 5 minutes looking at the Navigon manual they would have found it on pages 51 and 52.
    it does not allow you to enter intersections
    No it does not do that, but then again we've NEVER needed that feature, and probably would never use it if it did (we never used it on the garmins). If they really, really need that feature then they should get a different unit.
    long delay getting sattelite
    We've never had a problem with it receiving a satellite within 10-20 seconds. Some limos however have added lead (or other features like a heater) in the windshields which may be affecting receiving the satellites.
  • infama 0 Points
    So if TT does not hold back features, explain why voice has never been addressed in 720 firmware update? If they are so responsive to map issues, why has Hawaii issue never been taken care of (it is a simple software issue). I didn't realize there werre so many 910 refurb? Was there an issue with them that there were that many?
    Yes, there was an initial mount issue. Solved with free new improved mont for those who waited.
  • infama 0 Points
    The 920 and 920T are exactly the same except for the inclusion of the TMC receiver in the latter.

Yes, and that's
    why we like it more :wink:

Then all you have to do is BUY the antenna!
    TMC traffic is always free in Europe, so no advantage to Navigon here.
    Yes that's a good point, IF someone lives in Europe...

TMC traffic should be free in ALL countries.

Govts run this in Europe for free. Not in the US.
    they dont have dual continental mapping, which is important to those who travel across the Atlantic a lot.
    Not sure what you mean by this.

Navigon gives either, EU maps or US maps...not both in the same unit like the 920 or Garmin 770.
    You can install video playback with mobilnova on most any TT unit.
    Mobilnova costs extra money. The software to add features to the Navigon are free downloads.

OK, touche.
    Mios have them included in the device itself.
    All that storage 20gb
    Not sure what you mean by this as it comes with 4Gb.

Internal memory...not on SD cards.
    CeBit is coming in March and you KNOW TT will have major announcements then.
    Yes, can't wait :)
    Now to some major issues I saw reported in Navigon reviews.
    As mentioned many of those 'reviews' were faked. I'd depend more on professional reviews from sources like Tim then on so-called 'customer' reviews. Many things that we were told about the 7100 from so-called 'customers' were not true or flatly exaggerated.

I did not read any of the Amazon reports for the 7100 and I do believe you. I only read the pros.
    The screen is not responsive and requires multiple taps at time to register.
    This is one of those exaggerations that grew over time. The first 7100's were designed to be used with the stylus, not the soft fleshy portion of a persons finger. In current units Navigon has adjusted for this and our 7100 has absolutely no problems with responsiveness. I'd compare it roughly to our garmin. In the next few weeks Navigon is going to be addressing this even further with their update. I'm hoping that they will be the first to allow people to adjust the screens responsiveness, like you adjust the screens brightness. Then everyone will be happy.

GOOD. GPSMag was big on this and I dont trust them, so I can buy this.
    I also read that the Navigon is SSSLLLOOOOWWWW in processing.
    Actually when it comes to recalculating a route we have found it to be much faster than the garmins. It's almost instantaneous (5-10 seconds) it all depends on your cars speed - rural VS. freeway.
    To be fair however, I hear that performance perks up when a fast high capacity SD card is added.
    We just bought a 8 Gig class 6 card so we will be thoroughly testing it as soon as it arrives (in all 3 GPS units).
    Reality view is a gimmick to my mind, as the screen is static
    I am GLAD that it is static and I'll explain why. First, a GPS unit is supposed to 'guide you' along your way, it is not supposed to have an 'entertainment' factor. It's supposed to be like having a friend in the next seat that knows all of the roads and gives you precise directions. It is NOT something that is supposed to distract your eyes from the road! If Reality View was animated it would do just that, distract you from keeping your eyes on the road. Depending on your speed it usually only stays on your screen for around 10 -15 seconds anyway, then it automatically reverts to normal view (as soon as you pass the exit). We rely mostly on the voice portion of the navigation, only looking at the screen to confirm certain turns. Reality View has saved our butt at least twice so far and we find it very useful indeed. It is one of the reasons why we no longer use our garmin on long trips, or on trips where we need to get somewhere in a hurry, for example; a clients house. I suppose they could 'tweak' it just a bit but adding animation to it would not be welcomed. There are very good reasons why it is against the law for a driver NOT to watch videos. Anything distracting would not be an added benefit, it would be just the opposite. I'm not looking for 'wow factor' I'm looking for accurate, easy to follow directions from point A to point B, and that's what it currently does.

Fair enuff. However, since you rely mainly on voice, why RV at all? Is it really better than detailed voice instructions and arrows? I mean...stay in left lane to exit 21 and exit in 200m isnt clear enuff? Just asking.
    Navigon has won many US awards, but WW I am not sure of that claim.
    Not 'just' in the U.S. - I know of several that it won overseas. I believe the 'Red' award is one of them.
    Yes we agree 100%. All units, even the Dash and Ndrive are welcomed if for no other reason that they add many useful features that can trickle down to the mainstream.

The fonts are small BUT I have heard that they can be changed via one file tweak (another thing that we like about the Navigon). We are currently looking into this, however in all fairness you have to also keep in mind that there is so much information being displayed, and only so much real estate to display it on, so I don't blame Navigon for this per se, I DO however wish that they would allow the fonts to get bigger IF you turn off some of the features (like altitude for example). They may indeed do this in the next update. It wouldn't be that hard to do with a software tweak.
    volume is too low even when set at high
    No, this is one thing that I do NOT agree with. The volume is fine on the 7100. It's low on the 2100. The volume is so good that we can even hear voice commands over our radio. Since they are in a limo they should be having no problems what-so-ever because the front of the car (where they'd be using the unit) would be comparable to a pickup truck space wise. Maybe they got one of the first units and it's different from the current 7100's, or they just need to clean the wax out of their ears or get them checked. What build do they have? Ours is 77 and the volume is fine. The ONLY thing that we don't like volume wise is that you have to keep resetting it. The default is midway. I am praying that the upcoming software update addresses this. It would be VERY easy to fix.
    it does not display the next street name ahead
    Again, I'm not sure what this limo driver is smoking but it DOES indeed display this information. If they had spent 5 minutes looking at the Navigon manual they would have found it on pages 51 and 52.
    it does not allow you to enter intersections
    No it does not do that, but then again we've NEVER needed that feature, and probably would never use it if it did (we never used it on the garmins). If they really, really need that feature then they should get a different unit.
    long delay getting sattelite
    We've never had a problem with it receiving a satellite within 10-20 seconds. Some limos however have added lead (or other features like a heater) in the windshields which may be affecting receiving the satellites.
    :lol:

Thanks for the very thorough answer. You have done justice to the 7100 and cleared the air on many misconceptions. It seems that the 7100 is indeed a creditable player in the segment. The prices I have seen are high though ($550), but you mention sub $300 prices and that is very very good.

If they had a 9100 with dual continental mapping, maybe people like me would become interested. :wink:
  • Tim 1481 Points
    I love a good debate folks, and let's continue it, but probably not a thread about Bluetooth on the Blackberry Curve 8310. :)
  • Oops... sorry :cry: Didn't realize this was a Bluetooth thread.

Topic continued here :wink: