This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Can topo Canada Maps be loaded onto a 3140 ?

777hunter 0 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
Just wondering, and have not seen anything posted about this, Can topo Canada maps or any other mapset for that matter be loaded onto a 3140? The base map on this unit is from 3rd quarter 2006, and is provided by navteq according to Magellans website and so far only a firmware update is available. So off to Navteqs site where they have a tab for map purchases, and supported units. Much to my surprise, magellan is not even listed as a supported unit. Garmin is there, dell, but no magellan. A call placed to magellan tec support on several occasions only got me "your call cannot not be completed at this time, call back latter" Hmmmmm . Anyway, as it stands, the maps for my location (Northern Ontario) are almost non existent so anything is better than what is currently on it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    As far as I know, not at this time.
  • Ok, thanks, not what I really wanted to hear, but i guess I should have done my homework first, as the garmin nuvi 250 will accept topo canada maps, but with limited function. Being new at this I thought the more expensive magellan would be better, just my luck.

again thanks
  • Ok a bit of a bump back to the top, how about the crossover 2500t, can topo canada maps be loaded on that?
  • Tim 1480 Points
    According to Magellan's website, yes, for about $50.
  • Thanks Tim. The more I read, the more I'm confused, thought ok, my 3140 is not really what I should have bought, but I am now the dumb proud owner of it, then I see the crossover and say to myself, thats what I need, then read other threads saying the owners are disappointed in it and now, I guess my best option would be to keep the 3140 in case I ever go on a trip to a larger city (highly unlikely) but I have it, missing roads and all, and just go out and buy a handheld for the bush which is really why I bought the 3140 for in the first place, thinking I could load topo maps on it. The next crapstorm going through my brain now is I need a Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx. More reading is in order to confuse the hell out of me before my next purchase to an industry that preys on people like me to squeeze every dollar out of my wallet. And of course I WILL PAY and I WILL PAY MORE FOR MAPS, because i want it and they know it. LOL.