This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Mio C310x Europe Map (European Map) [Mio]

tommhnyc 0 Points
Hello everyone,

I have a question and I believe many people like me would like to know the answer to that.
Is it possible to installed, buy or get any other way European Map on american version of Mio C310x? I would like to give the Mio to my parents who live in Europe but first I need to make sure they will be able to use it in Europe.
I would like to point that I haven't unlocked/hacked/cracked my Mio yet. If it's necessary, I will do that.

Thank you all of help and have a successful routing,
Tom

Comments

• patruns 10 Points
    Mio indicates that you will be able to buy Western and Eastern European maps on SD cards at some point, but they have not yet been made available. Keep checking their site.
  • Mio indicates that you will be able to buy Western and Eastern European maps on SD cards at some point, but they have not yet been made available. Keep checking their site.
    Thank you for reply.

Is there any other way to install European map on the SD and use it with Mio?

Thank you,
    Tom
  • patruns 10 Points
    The maps are usually proprietary in format to the GPS maker and linked to the unit ID. (That discourages people from buying one map and using it on multiple units.) While there may be ways of hacking the unit to use other Mio maps (if available), that would prevent further updates/upgrades to the unit without more hacking. If you want this unit to be useful to your parents, I would wait until the maps are available.

Also, maps aren't cheap. If you can't wait it might not cost significantly more to just buy them a unit with a European map already installed.