Nuvi 760 Screen Calibration

Hi Chaps..

Instruction on 760 manual on how to calibrate the screen doesn't seem to work (Page 44). When you leave the power key to the right (lock) toucch screen does exactly what it suppose to do. Ignore the finger no matter how long you keep it there.

Any one got any ideas as to how get in to the calibration menu?

Comments

• Tim 1291 Points
    1) Turn the Nuvi off.

2) Put one finger on the screen and hold it there through the next couple of steps.

3) Turn the Nuvi on with the slider and immediately put it into the lock position.

4) Keep holding that finger on the screen for about 20 seconds or so.

The tricky part (for me anyway) was turning it on and immediately sliding it into lock before it really started to boot.
  • Falcon 0 Points
    Tim you are a genius - It's much better entering text now than before claibration. I see what you mean by tricky sliding the switch :wink: Thanx
  • Tim 1291 Points
    I'm not sure I'm a genius... I sat there this morning pounding my head over it for quite awhile too until I figured it out.
  • Tim you are a genius - It's much better entering text now than before claibration. I see what you mean by tricky sliding the switch :wink: Thanx
    But Tim, which is the real purpose with calibration? Is it how hard you to touch the screen? or is it, if you push "a" it writes "b"?
  • Tim 1291 Points
    It aligns the screen elements with the tap. On rare occasion if you tap in one place the GPS might think you are tapping a different spot.
  • Tabs 0 Points
    It actually helps too by the way if you calibrate using a stylus or something else that has a really precise point on it. I saw a noticeable improvement on say tapping locations on the overhead map after I calibrated my 750 this way vs. just using my finger to do it.
  • Thought my Nuvi 750 was irreparable after I couldn't get the calibration screen to come up. Thanks to all who posted here! After seeing this, I went and tried again and got the calibration screen on the first try. I haven't been able to use my GPS since mid-December because I was trying to use the directions in the manual. DOH!