This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Mio C720T???? [Mio]

Sorry for the double post, I posted it in the MIO section but then realized that the question should go in here :oops:

So, what does everyone think about the Mio C720T? Are you happy with the way it works? It seems that this unit just came out and extremely cheap, so I was wondering if there were any major bugs?

I found that Best Buy has it on clearance for $239. I made an impulse buy but now can not find any real information about how good it works! I haven't opened it due to a 15% restocking fee, but was wondering if for the price it was a good deal or should I return it and purchase a Gamin 750 for $420?
Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Spyder63 331 Points
    edited January 2008
    I think you got one heck of a good deal on the C720T. I just picked up a C320 before Xmas after 10+ years of using nothing but Garmins and I find the C320 is quite good in how it works and what information it can show.

I have taken two 500+ mile trips running both the 320 and a Nuvi 680 at the same time and they were for all intent and purpose, identical in routing and performance. No GPS out there is perfect when it comes to routing and POIs. It pretty much comes down to personal preferences and what you will and will not tolerate. I actually prefer the map and info available while routing on the Mio. I like a map that looks like a good 'ole Rand-McNally paper map. My map set in the Mio is TeleAtlas 2007.07 and the Garmin is Navteq CN v2008. I paid $169 for the C320 and would gladly pay $239 for a 720T. I may have to go shopping..... Update: right now Best Buy wants $600 for the 720T. Are you sure you got a new 720T or was it off the back of a Best Buy truck?? :wink: :wink:

Take a look at the Mio forum at GPSPassions.com as it is quite active. There is a lot you can do with the Mio gps.
  • infama 0 Points
    I think you got one heck of a good deal on the C720T. I just picked up a C320 before Xmas after 10+ years of using nothing but Garmins and I find the C320 is quite good in how it works and what information it can show.

I have taken two 500+ mile trips running both the 320 and a Nuvi 680 at the same time and they were for all intent and purpose, identical in routing and performance. No GPS out there is perfect when it comes to routing and POIs. It pretty much comes down to personal preferences and what you will and will not tolerate. I actually prefer the map and info available while routing on the Mio. I like a map that looks like a good 'ole Rand-McNally paper map. My map set in the Mio is TeleAtlas 2007.07 and the Garmin is Navteq CN v2008. I paid $169 for the C320 and would gladly pay $239 for a 720T. I may have to go shopping.....

Take a look at the Mio forum at GPSPassions.com as it is quite active. There is a lot you can do with the Mio gps.
    I played around with a 520T last weekend and the interface seemd a tad slow. It felt like the processor was week.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Compared to what? If you want to see "slow" take a look at the new Panasonic Strada CN-GP50N GPS.
  • "Update: right now Best Buy wants $600 for the 720T. Are you sure you got a new 720T or was it off the back of a Best Buy truck??"

Honest, I went in to the Best Buy in Bailey's Crossroads, Virginia and was looking for a Garmin when I saw the clearance sign for the Mio C720t. I just checked the box and the receipt. Both show Mio C720T. I thought it was a good deal, but when I could not find another information, I was concerned and posted her.
  • infama 0 Points
    "Update: right now Best Buy wants $600 for the 720T. Are you sure you got a new 720T or was it off the back of a Best Buy truck??"

Honest, I went in to the Best Buy in Bailey's Crossroads, Virginia and was looking for a Garmin when I saw the clearance sign for the Mio C720t. I just checked the box and the receipt. Both show Mio C720T. I thought it was a good deal, but when I could not find another information, I was concerned and posted her.
    Give away price then!
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    newbie9 - -

Well, congrats. But darn, I was on the beltway this past Monday not too far from Leesburg Pike....if I had only known. :cry: If you decide you don't like it give me a holler!
  • infama 0 Points
    "Update: right now Best Buy wants $600 for the 720T. Are you sure you got a new 720T or was it off the back of a Best Buy truck??"

Are they all done?
  • Had several on Monday (six or seven).