StreetPilot c550: Stuck on "Acquiring Satellites"
  • Hi,
    Oddly, my unit was working fine yesterday. Today, turned it on, selected Map To and a Favorite....the top bar that usually says "calculating route" now, says "Acquiring Satellites" and a "?" is overlayed on the car. Eventually, it "times out" and asks "trouble acquiring satellites are you indoors", I was not.

Any suggestions are appreciated !!
    Thanks-
  • Tim
    Have you applied any updates to it recently?
  • Tim
    Despite it not being new, you might want to try the tips over here and see if that makes any difference for you.
  • In my case, I did a firmware update, and since then I'm getting nothing but the "acquiring satellites" message since then. I've left it out for over an hour and it doesn't seem to get its location fixed.

Is there a special solution you're familiar with in this case?

Thanks--

A directionless Garmin user
  • Tim
    Does it get any signal from any of the satellites?
  • Tim,

Thanks for your reply.

Honestly, I don't know if it's getting any satellite signals. It just keeps saying "acquiring satellites" at the top and never changes. (Is there a way of verifying if it's locking on to any satellites?)

After I did the firmware update and began having this problem, I did a reset but that didn't fix it either.

Rockvillemmf
  • Tim
    From the main menu, tap on the satellite reception icon in the top left.
  • I didn't realize anything happened if you pressed that icon. It isn't registering any of the bars though; that much I know. I'll give it a try and get back to you.
  • Well, I gave it a try. The icon that shows the reception strength bars in the upper left hand side of the main menu is not a touch-sensitive icon. (At least it isn't on mine!)
  • Tim
    hmmm... yeah I forgot that isn't in some models.
  • I am having the same problem. I bought a garmin nuvi 200 for my husband for Christmas(and gave it to him early) We used it for about a week and everything was great. Now all it will say is acquiring satellite with a question mark over the car. Since it is Christmas Eve, Garmin support center is closed. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • Tim
    Did you read the article I linked to with suggestions and try those? Was it outside with an unobstructed sky view for at least 30 minutes?
↑ Top

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!