This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Magellan Maestro 4040 SD Expansion Slot

Panthera75 0 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
Hi there, newbie here :) I JUST received my gps a few hours ago! I've been playing around with it, but haven't driven anywhere yet. Quick question.. I could not find any information on the maximum capacity for the SD memory card. Does anybody know? Also.. what types of things would one use the memory card for?

Thanks!

Comments

• Tim 1481 Points
    You probably won't need any card if you can't think of a reason to need it. :) Most people would use them for additional mapping which isn't offered for your device or for MP3 music files.
  • The only thing he may need one for Tim is as he has asked in his other post about updating his unit. I know my 3140 would not complete the firmware install without an sd card in the slot. I have heard up to a 2 gig. card, but I used a 32 meg card, cheap and was all that was required.
  • Yes, the limit is 2 gig and you definitely need a card to do the update..............
  • Hi there, newbie here :) I JUST received my gps a few hours ago! I've been playing around with it, but haven't driven anywhere yet. Quick question.. I could not find any information on the maximum capacity for the SD memory card. Does anybody know? Also.. what types of things would one use the memory card for?

Thanks!
    There is a Firmware update for your 4040 on the Magellan website. Be sure to get it ASAP and yes, you will need the SD card. Also, a 32mb card is fine. Here is the link.

https://www.magellangps.com/support/notes.asp?supportID=534

I also keep a 32mb card dedicated as a backup for my GPS. Whenever I add a new address, I insert the SD card and update it. This is just in case something happens and the unit loses it's mind. :D

David <><