This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

860 T dash mounting

noturbizniss 0 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
I don't really care for mounting my 860T on the windshield as A. I don't have the longest arms so I have to stretch a little or bend to reach it, and B. the suction cup doesnt work so well. I would much rather use a dash mount. I found the adhesive disk on magellan's website....how does it work? Does it work at all? Anyone have any ideas for any other types of dash mounts?

Comments

• Tim 1481 Points
    I've used the adhesive disks before and they work fairly well. Just be careful as some of them are fairly permanent and could be difficult to cleanly remove. This is what people in states that don't allow windshield suction mounts typically use.

A couple other options are "bean bag" mounts which work surprisingly well unless you drive on extremely rough roads. There are also "vent mounts" which people here have told me work well but I've never tried them myself.
  • how does the adhesive work?
    Obviously you stick it to the dash, but then how does the GPS stay down? The suction cup mounts to the disk or put unit directly onto it?
  • Tim 1481 Points
    You got it, the suction cup attaches to the disk.