Best GPS for Multiple Route Stops

RobertK 0 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Recommendations
I go to a lot of yard sales in the spring and summer time so I'm looking for a GPS unit that will allow me to enter 30-40 local addresses into it and then calculate shortest path from A to B to C, etc.

When I ask at people at Best Buy and Circuit City I get mixed answers. I hope someone on here might be able to give me a straight answer.

Comments

• Spyder63 221 Points
    My Mio C320 can do multiple via points, and optimize them in a route. I just added 10 vias to a route for shitz and giggles and it took them all. I just don't know how many vias you can insert. No documentation that I have found. Anybody know? I now have 10 little silver flags waving in the wind which is how a Mio shows a via point. Pretty easy to enter a via as well - either just tap on the map location, tap Add Via button or enter a full address. On another page you can see the entire list and manually change (add, delete, or move up/down) or hit optimize button to rearrange for an efficient route.

I would guess that most Mio models operate this same way.
  • I found that thread earlier but my main concern is what the limit is for the number of addresses you can enter. I need one that can hold at least 30 addresses.
  • I found that thread earlier but my main concern is what the limit is for the number of addresses you can enter. I need one that can hold at least 30 addresses.
    I believe that Tom Tom units holds 50 via points?
  • Tim 1296 Points
    Correct. (Or I think it is actually 48 vias).
  • TT only offers manual optimization though...
  • Spyder63 221 Points
    To answer my own question re> how many vias can a Mio have....

My C320 is running MioMap v3.3, which for all intent and purpose is the same as iGO My way 2006 Plus by NAVnGO Inc. According to the iGO manual the number of imbeded via points is unlimited. So there ya go.

You can download that PDF manual here --- iGo 2006+ Manual
  • TT only offers manual optimization though...
    I'm really not that worried about optimization as I am with the unit just being able to connect the dots. Everything is fairly close together so I'm sure optimization will not be that big of a deal.

BTW.. which Tom Tom unit is everyone referring to?
  • RobertK

All of the units that have multi destination functions are listed here;

http://www.gpsreview.net/automotive-select/?multiplevias=1&productquery=1&Find=View+Matching+GPS+Devices

Tom Tom offers this feature not only in their top of the line units but also in their lower end units as inidcated.

Good luck :!: