This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

860T or 6000T

sethm 0 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
I have looked at this sites comparison chart & have done other research.
I decided to call Magellan's tech support for more detailed info on the 2200T & the 6000T and feed back that I just do not see from the Magellan web site. I like the look of the 2200T but the 6000T has 4 Million more POI's.

The tech person - though VERY hard to understand. Said that the 6000T besides having more POI's has more features (than the 2200T). But that for a good GPS for traveling/vacations, he suggested the 860T. Though the 860T is an older unit.

SO... is the 860T the better unit out of these 3 choices and why?

If OK, I will also post in the 6000 series forum.

Comments

• Tim 1481 Points
    Personally, I would much rather go for the 6000T than the 860T. The 6000T has Bluetooth features, a much better GPS chipset (20 channels versus 12), a longer battery life, and is samaller and lighter. The 860T does have a larger hard drive if you are looking to store a large number of MP3 music files or photos.
  • sethm 0 Points
    Tim -Thanks,

My thoughts exactly and something I don't think the Magellan tech person mentioned this morning- at least not that I could understand.
    I discovered that difference when I found your comparison chart.
    Odd that I could not find the 860 even on Magellan's web site.

Magellan's person really liked that the 860 had the larger memory - to store my own POI's.

She did tell me that the Traffic Kit is essentially the same for all 3 models- I think the only diff was the connectors. But that the 2200T is not traffic capable for at least a month. So if I did purchase one today, they would send me a update firmware (?) when available.

Of all the Garmins & Magellan's I think I am leaning to the 6000T.
  • Tim 1481 Points
    Magellan's person really liked that the 860 had the larger memory - to store my own POI's.
    Of course creating your own POIs takes a tiny, tiny amount of memory. :)