This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

magellan 6000T or garmin nuvi 660?

alan 0 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Recommendations
please help me to pick one. Thanks

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    It somewhat comes down to what features you are looking for... The Nuvi 660 has a larger screen, the Magellan 6000T has a bigger hard drive. The Nuvi can only have one "via" per route while the 6000T can have up to 20. The Nuvi is (overall volume) smaller and lighter. The Nuvi also has an integrated FM transmitter which woks well for some, poor for others. You can compare both here:

Compare Garmin Nuvi 660 vs Magellan RoadMate 6000T
  • I bought a magellan 6000t about a month ago. All seemed fine for about three weeks. Now every time I turn it on it resets itself. This is a big problem for me as I use it everyday for business, when it resets it loses all of my adresses. Also it resets my position to Denver. I am in Dallas. I tried to update my unit from magellans website and got a message that the update was not valid for my unit. I called magellan and they said they were aware of the problem and would release a new update soon. I have also had numerous problems with the Bluetooth functionality, it seems to lose connectivity with my phone on a regular basis. Also when the unit resets it loses my traffic subscription and I have to re-enter the code. I called magellan today and they are sending me a new unit with the updated software. I will post again to let people know how the new one works. If it is the same as before I will have a 6000t for sale CHEAP!!!!!
    :( :( :( :( :(