Video input for GPS
  • slomoui
    I am looking for a GPS unit that allows me to hook up a video input signal. I'm going to install a backup camera, and wanted to keep things simple by using a GPS unit for the video screen and for navigation. Someone told me about a Lowrance unit that does this. Are there any others?
  • Tim
    I believe the Garmin StreetPilot 7200 and 7500 devices can accept an auxiliary input device. These have large 7 inch screens designed with RV use in mind.
  • me
    Tim,

I had the same question about units with inputs for backup cameras. Is there anything new in the last half year? Any guess if anything new will come out in the next half year? I would rather not have 2 displays, but 2 dispalys would be way cheaper than the units you mentioned.

Thanks
  • Tim
    I haven't heard of anything.
  • me
    Thanks for the quick reply. Have a great thanksgiving!
  • I am looking for a Garmin off-road GPS unit with video-out capability so i can see the map in my in-dash 7-inch DVD player. Is this possible?

Thanks
  • Tim
    For a Garmin with video out you might want to check out the Garmin Black Box. It doesn't have any interface of its own other than video.
  • Tim said:

For a Garmin with video out you might want to check out the Garmin Black Box. It doesn't have any interface of its own other than video.

Thanks!

This looks like what I had in mind..the only thing I'm unsure of is whether this can be used for off-road (way points, tracks, etc.) or only on-road maps? I looked at the specs on Garmin site but couldnt really tell...
  • Tim
    As far as I know it is on-road maps only.
↑ Top

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!