This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

error message when i try to install poi

vicfzy 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
hi please help. i have bought some poi ie low bridges from a second source. i have them on my pc. i have located them with my tomtom home but when i try to install them it says that there is no maps for the poi to install to. i have the origanal map of gb & ire that came on the sd card with the device. i also can not install the t mobile hot spots as i get the same error message. my tomtom works fine and nevigate me almost correctley. please help as ive paid for these extras,. thanks

Comments

• Tim 1479 Points
    Sounds like the file you have might not be in the correct format for your device. What kind of files did you receive? Your best bet will likely be to get help from the place you purchased the POIs from.
  • vicfzy 0 Points
    the files ive got are for the tomtom one. which i have. but the t mobile hot spots poi i have are from the tomtom site its self the others are 3rd party. my tomtom home reads them but wont install them i get the message no maps installed on your device but it works ok in the car.
  • Tim 1479 Points
    It sounds like the region the POIs are for might not match the region your installed maps are for.
  • vicfzy 0 Points
    thanks for you help. ive contacted tom tom and the 3rd party ive got the pois from. waiting for replys. my map is the latest gb and ire direct from tom tom. the poi ive purchest is for the same map and model i have. thaks for the reply eny way.