This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Can POIs from GO 910 be copied into a One?

1HappyGuy 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
I recently bought a TomTom One and am very pleased with it. I have owned 2 older Garmin units (the last one was a GPS V) and this is SO much better.

Before I bought the unit I was able to evaluate a GO 910 which did a lot of things I did not need but I found that it had a more complete POI database, especally when it came to retail shopping. I know (and have downloaded) addtional POIs from the TomTom web site but the data available is limited to a few brands of stores (Radio Shack, Barns & Noble etc.).

So the question is can I copy the POI data from the 910 to the One? I see a file "poi.dat"... is that everything? Will that work?

It does not appear that TomTom publishes the specifications for the POI database in each product so frankly I was surprised that the database in the One was not the same as the 910.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments

• Tim 1479 Points
    I haven't tried it myself, but I suspect it would work. Note that there could be some license agreement violations doing that. The POI format should be the same on both devices. You may or may not have enough free space on the ONE to accommodate a bigger POI file.
  • tomj03 0 Points
    If you have backups, you have nothing to loose.
    But I think it will work.
    All(most) TomToms use the same file structure & programming software.
  • 1HappyGuy 0 Points
    So if I do not have enough memory for the larger POI file can I put it on a SD card? Can the maps and POIs be on seperate "drives"?

Thanks for your help!