This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

4050 tracking about 30yards behind....

webwarmiller 0 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
I recently purchased a 4050 and noticed that the blue arrow icon on the screen is always about 30 or so yards behind where my vehicle currently is.

Say I'm driving down the road going about 40mph and I'm physically crossing an intersection. The magellan's icon shows my position about 30 or so yards before the intersection instead of being in it.

Is this delay something that is 'normal' with magellans? I had an old Navman ICN510 before this and its icon was VERY accurate in displaying the exact location of my vehicle.

This is really annoying when some streets are really close together as it make you think you are at a previous street instead of the one your car is actually located.

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    That is a fairly common complaint of Maestro owners.
  • I wish one of the numerous reviews I read on the Magellans had mentioned this. It's a pretty serious flaw and I'm surprised there aren't more complaints about this. Perhaps its because many GPS owners haven't owned other brands that are truly accurate in their representation of vehicle location and therefore think that it is normal.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    That is probably part of it-- or it just isn't a big deal without streets super close together.
  • cz9h3d 0 Points
    Seems like both my Magellans are a little behind...... but as is suggested, it doesn't really matter. The "turn" chime seems to be right on. Doesn't impact the units use/usefulness to me.
  • I got a magellan 3250 and mine is pretty acurrate when movin. But it tells me that I'm at my destination around 50 feet away from my destination.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    I got a magellan 3250 and mine is pretty acurrate when movin. But it tells me that I'm at my destination around 50 feet away from my destination.
    That is pretty darn close given how street number locations are derived.
  • LOL, I'm not complaining. Trust me. I'm in Love with my GPS. We tooked to our short vacation last week to Orlando, and it took me every where with no problems. The only time that it was not accurate, was when I went to visit my uncle, and the road was changed a couple of months ago and the GPS was telling me to make an "U" turn and go back to my "calculated route". I had also read in here, of people complaining on worse than 50 feet positioning here. Trust me, I'm very happy with "Lola" ( that's how my kids call the GPS, after the GPS in the movie RV )