This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Can the TTO battery life be extended?

Tom Eberle 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
Does anyone know a way to extend the battery life of the TTO? I would like to use it on bicycle rides but need a way to extend the battery life. I was thinking of a USB mobile device charger that you charge ahead of time and plug into the TTO USB port. Has anyone ever used one of these (recommend) or have other thoughts on how to extend the TTO battery life?

Thanks,

Tom

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    I haven't used one of those, but I imagine they would work. There are also some interesting solar options too, but that wouldn't be too practical on a bicycle.

I've found the battery life on the ONE to be a little better than advertised. You can extend the battery life by turning off things like Bluetooth/wireless data, and turning the screen brightness all of the way down. I've also found using it for pedestrian use that I can check the directions, remember the next turn or two in my head, turn off the device, then turn it back on when I need it. But overall the display brightness is probably the biggest draw on battery.