Importing Routes from Google maps to Nuvi 760 (a How To)
ryann 0 Points
edited November -1 in Garmin Auto Forum (Garmin Nuvi, Garmin Drive Forum)
I don't know if this has been posted, but I thought I'd share it.
- 1) Use google maps to create a route. You can now drag the route line to modify your route. Very slick.
2) copy URL (the http://www.maps.coogle.com line
3) open notepad and paste this line
4) save this file as route.url (not route.url.txt)
5) open RouteConverter, a free download from routeconverter.de
6) Click the top right button to open the route.url file you created.
7) Tweak the points as needed. Remember this is just a set of points.
8) connect Nuvi to PC
8) choose save as Garmin map source 6.x
9) press the disk button and save the GDB file to the garmin directory on your Nuvi
10) disconnect Nuvi
- on Nuvi: Tools -->My Data --> import Route from FIle