This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Magellan 4040 map for Canada

Vigor 5 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
I just purchased a 4040 at Best Buy in Montreal and I'm realy disappointed I can not find my home address or main sereet in Montreal I had the magellan 3035 and from the first day I found all the street I needed. Is anyone know if the 4040 work in Montreal Quebec Canada????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    The 4040 is supposed to provide coverage for Canada. There will always be errors in the mapping databases, however it does offer coverage in Montreal.
  • Vigor 5 Points
    Thanks for the reply Tim I do not understand how Best buy Canada and Magellan company will salle this GPS (4040) without the acurate map of Canada in the last gps I had the Magellan 3035 I had all the address and street in Montreal I gave it as a present to my father and wanted to upgrade myself to one with a bluetooth. I know gps it is not new for me and I did everything by the instructions and nathing I hope I do not need to pay more $$ for map update anyway I have 30 days from today to return it and have refund if it will not work I will add more $$ and buy the nuvi 660.
    I will appriciate if you can help me to save $$ and to find a solution.

Thanks
  • Tim 1480 Points
    I will appriciate if you can help me to save $$ and to find a solution.
    There is nothing I can do to make the maps more accurate.
  • Not that this helps you, but I also purchased the Magellan 4040 this past weekend. I live in a new section of Thornhill (north of Toronto) which is only a couple of years old, and it has my address and surrounding streets. I remember not too long ago, I was checking out google maps, and it said I lived in the middle of a field. This of course has been updated since on google maps.