after updating : Incompatible audio

rony05 0 Points
I have problem with my garmin 250 which worked just fine with north america 2008 maps. but after i updated it with 2009 maps it seems, i lost audio navigation. the maps work fine but voice navigation doesn't work at all. after first use after updating it showed info screen that audio is incompatible. Even in system info says audio missing.
I have no idea what to do,or what i did something wrong.

Can anyone help me please?

thanks a lot.

Rony

Comments

• Tim 1291 Points
    Have you tried running WebUpdater?
  • vleek 0 Points
    Program which performed 2009 map update removed a lot of voice and text files from my Nuvi 200 due to lack of space. I restored desirable options by WebUpdater (it's different program for firmware update and adding/removing text and voice files)
  • rony05 0 Points
    Have you tried running WebUpdater?
    yes i tried.but funny part is that webupdater hasn't found my garmin. but my computer recognized it .

donno what it is. :(
  • rony05 0 Points
    Program which performed 2009 map update removed a lot of voice and text files from my Nuvi 200 due to lack of space. I restored desirable options by WebUpdater (it's different program for firmware update and adding/removing text and voice files)

First of all i tried to update with new version but because of lack of space it didn't allow me to do it. so i manually deleted everything from my garmin and then i started updating. when everything finished i found out no voice and now i see that webupdater doesn't recognize my unit.

did i do something wrong? thanks to all.
  • kwhunter 0 Points
    I believe you deleted some system files. You should have backed up your unit before updating, just in case.
    Try uninstalling webupdate and then reinstall it; if windows finds your unit, so should the updater.
    Or, maybe someone with an unit like yours could upload a backup file for you to restore your gps.
    I have a 750 so mine won't work for you.

First of all i tried to update with new version but because of lack of space it didn't allow me to do it. so i manually deleted everything from my garmin and then i started updating. when everything finished i found out no voice and now i see that webupdater doesn't recognize my unit.

did i do something wrong? thanks to all.
  • rony05 0 Points
    OK, so i did it. i had borrowed the same unit and copy and paste everything form good one to my pc. then again copy and paste from pc to my gps. everything works good now.
    thanks to everyone for help.