Delete address

Hello,

I just purchased the 255w an upgrade from my Street Pilot 340. So far I really like it. What a difference in the screens. I was playing around with addresses and now they are on my nuvi and I can't figure out how to delete them. They are not saved in my address book. Do they eventually drop off? This forum is great! and has been very helpful. Thank you.

Comments

• Where do you see them?
  • Wow that was quick! Under Recently Found.
  • They will eventually "drop off". The most recent ones will always be shown there, for quick reference back. I think there is a clear or delete button on that screen, but I don't have one in front of me right now to check on. I do recall that you can't selectively delete them... it is all or nothing.
  • At the bottom of the recently found screen, there should be a Clear button. Press that and it will bring up a confirmation screen before they are actually deleted.
  • Thank you both. I do see the clear button, but do not want to clear all of them. I will just wait until they drop off. Do you know how many addresses it will hold in this area?
  • I think it is 50.
  • Being able to clear only individual entries in the recently found, is on a lot of folks "wish list." But, don't hold your breath waiting for Garmin to respond. These types of add-on features rarely seem to ever become reality.

And, no, I'm sorry, but I have no idea how many entries the recently found list holds. Its nothing I've ever checked.

EDIT Oops - Tim hit enter while I was still typing.
  • Thanks for all your help. I'm sure I'll be having more questions )