This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Is bluetooth auto-connect possible? [HP]

floepie 0 Points
So, I thought the idea for having a bluetooth hands-free feature was that you can accept calls while the phone is in your pocket without having to re-connect each time. At least, this is what I have to do with the iphone each time I enter the car.

Is there a way I can have the device search for my phone every so often so that it automatically connects without any intervention? It's not such a problem when placing calls, as the device will auto-connect before dialing. But, if I want to accept a call via BT, I must have already manually connected. Is this the case for other phones?

Comments

• patruns 10 Points
    Is this related to using the iPAQ as a Bluetooth device? If so, you only have to relate/connect the 2 devices once. After that the iPAQ will always recognize the phone as long as Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
  • floepie 0 Points
    OK thanks. So, when I move back into bluetooth range after pairing of course, the connection should be made automatically? That never happens for me for some reason. I can manually connect with no problem however. Does anyone else's phone auto-connect?
  • vfrkent 0 Points
    I have the motorola V3t razor and it auto connects anytime I'm in range.

Kent