This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Garmin GPSMap 60 CSx & 76 CSx

Hi, does anyone knows what is the difference between 60 CSx and 76 CSx.

Can't make up my mind which one to get because I don't know what is the difference between them. I only know that 76 CSx floats and has internal antenna.

Is internal antenna better than external?

Comments

• Tim 1468 Points
    There isn't much of a difference between them. To me, the 76CSX will float, while the 60CSx will not. The 76CSx comes with a 128 MB microSD card, while the 60CSx comes with a 64MB microSD card.

However the biggest difference for me personally is the orientation of the screen and buttons. When operating the 76CSx's buttons, my hands cover the screen. The button placement on the 60CSx makes much more sense to me and is easier to hold in your hand, operate, and view the screen.
  • tomj03 0 Points
    Put it this way: if you drop a 76Csx on a swift stream, you might never see it again - On the other hand if you drop a 60CSx in deep water ...
    As for me the 60CSx looks more cute, and I prefer the keys in the lower not the upper part. I think Garmin knows that and they tag in 50 $C extra for the price. Talking about profit gouger ! :x