This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Active Traffic Locations - Where are they??

bigfeat 0 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
I have been testing the traffic features for a week now and I am finding out that I have more dead spots then active ones. Is there any website provided on where someone can get cross streets, zipcodes, etc. where traffic transponders would be active?

I was not able to get any active traffic transponders from US-41 N. / IL-I94 (West) from Chicago through Wisconsin. However, I was able to get a transponder loc from the northern Chicago suburbs through the city. Anyone else share this experience in that area?

Comments

• I think that you are referring to the Edens expressway. I live in Oak Park but go to Evanston a lot. I definitely remember getting a traffic alert on the southbound Edens (warning about the ubiquitous tie up at the junction).
  • I think that you are referring to the Edens expressway. I live in Oak Park but go to Evanston a lot. I definitely remember getting a traffic alert on the southbound Edens (warning about the ubiquitous tie up at the junction).
    I am referring to that. However, the unit could not locate any transponders north of IL-60 exit. It kept scanning unit I reached the US-41 exit.
  • Were you on 41 (north of the spur from 294)? I wonder if the traffic is only for the "expressways" and doesn't include 41 north of Lake Cook (non-expressway). Just a guess.

I haven't been north of Evanston since I got my traffic unit, so I can't compare my experience.
  • I was on 94 heading east bound from Madison. It wasn't until I hit the Tower exit that the TMC kicked in.
  • Tim 1479 Points
    Here is what is supposed to be the GPS traffic coverage area for Chicago.

• Looks like the area where he could not get a signal is in the advertised coverage area - but at the upper end of it.