This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Motorola Motonav

Plutopowered 0 Points
edited November -1 in Motorola MotoNav
Hello all,

I've been shopping for a gps unit for some time and I've pretty much decided what I'm going to get. I'll set out in a week or two (or maybe after xmas to see if there are any good sales...).

However, I just came across some ads for the Motorola Motonav. Anyone seen it / used it? I've had some motorola products (mainly cell phones) in the past and they've worked pretty well. Any opinions?

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    Many of the big electronics companies (HP, Harman Kardon, Sony, LG, etc) have produced GPS devices over the years. Some still do, many do not. For those that do not, the owners are stuck without the ability to update the maps on their devices. Despite Motorola being a big company, there is a risk they will decide in the future to no longer make GPS devices, which could leave owners stuck without the ability to get updated maps. I'd stick with the bigger names in GPS (TomTom, Magellan, Garmin, and Navigon) to ensure you can get map updates down the road.
  • ^ True. Also, I never trust the a companies first run of anything.

Like I said, I'm pretty set on a Garmin (or maybe Tom Tom) but the Motorola looks like a good price for what it does.

I wonder if they are really aiming mainly for their own cell phone customers as their bluetooth version is compatible with their phones.