This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

ROADMATE 1470 2.05 POSTED

superdave592 91 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
2.05 posted on Magellan site.. I have installed it and it works so far so good thank you to PND4ME and the other beta testers and Magellan.. I hope this cures the 1440 1470 1475 problems

Comments

• Marc 301 Points
    Unfortunately no update yet for the 1340.
  • Is there anywhere that lists a summary of the bugs the latest releases address?
  • Nevermind...they finally posted it:

* 2nd Page of OneTouch offers more personalization.
    * Optimized interface for faster POI search.
    * Improved address search performance for addresses starting with N, S, E, W.
    * Added QWERTY keyboard.
    * Added SmartDetour
    * Enhancements made to improve GPS acquisition time
  • PND4ME 0 Points
    Nevermind...they finally posted it:

* Added QWERTY keyboard.
    * Added SmartDetour
    There was more bugs that were fixed than what has been posted, but again, if you don't know or never experienced it, it does not matter right? Most are regional but I would say Magellan have done an excellent job in spending resources fixing these bugs. Great Job Magellan!
  • PND4ME 0 Points
    Marc, sorry to say I doubt they will have any updates for the long time EOL 1340 units, you have to upgrade or live with what you have. Return yours and get a newer model.
  • Marc 301 Points
    I guess I don't understand this decision. The 1340 is essentially a 1440 -1470 with a 3 1/2" screen. I actually like the smaller screen size for its portability. Why have they killed this model? Is Magellan abandoning the 3 1/2 format?

P.S. I already returned mine when the 1.16 update bricked it. I was hoping to buy a new one when an update came out.
  • Nevermind...they finally posted it:

* Added QWERTY keyboard.
    * Added SmartDetour

There was more bugs that were fixed than what has been posted, but again, if you don't know or never experienced it, it does not matter right? Most are regional but I would say Magellan have done an excellent job in spending resources fixing these bugs. Great Job Magellan!
    We had a problem with the units spontaneously shutting themselves down for no reason with 2.04 installed. Time will tell if this has been fixed.
  • PND4ME 0 Points
    Nevermind...they finally posted it:

* Added QWERTY keyboard.
    * Added SmartDetour

We had a problem with the units spontaneously shutting themselves down for no reason with 2.04 installed. Time will tell if this has been fixed.
    That was one of the issues Magellan addressed but not sure if it is 100% fixed yet, since it has been very illusive. If Magellan is not 100 positive that ALL bugs have been addressed regarding this issue, they can't post that it's fixed, but you will probably find the FREE improvement very valuable.
  • Marc 301 Points

Marc, sorry to say I doubt they will have any updates for the long time EOL 1340 units, you have to upgrade or live with what you have. Return yours and get a newer model.
    How about a little honesty on their website then and have them pull the answer to this question:
    Magellan RoadMate 1340

Question:

Your unit displayed the following message "Your device needs to be restarted to increase performance. Please wait while your data is saved."

Answer:

We have received isolated reports of this issue and are currently working on a firmware update solution due to be released by the end of September. Please check back with our website at www.magellangps.com/support at that time, enter your model number in the downloads/updates section and check for the latest software update.

And instead say return it while you can.
  • bcwang 0 Points
    edited October 2009
    Installed 2.05. Here are my observations coming from 1.15

Improvements:
    - night mode affects menus now, so it doesn't destroy your night vision when you switch from a map to look through the menus

- 3d view looks much more 3d

- QWERTY keyboard, YESSSSS!

- address book much easier to deal with

New Bugs:

- If you are already in a trip, the AAA tourbook stuff doesn't work as it normally does giving restaurant descriptions and discounts. It simply goes to the route screen when you choose a location. I would expect you should still be able to browse the tourbook info the same whether you are in a trip or not.

-In the screen where it shows the 4 routes possible on a map, clicking one of the 4 buttons like "mostly freeway" should choose it, however it goes to the next screen with "fastest time" or whatever was the choice before entering the map screen. I think this used to work.

- Local info button vanished. Where do you get that stuff now?

- Onetouch is all messed up - try to use it and you'll see. I can't even explain how broken it is, in many many ways too. Trying to add new buttons keeps replacing the same one, the ATM icon is there but acts like a blank one, adding address works but adding search replaces the last added button.
    Update: if you reset the unit to factory fresh settings (hidden menu) the one touch works fine.

- When looking at the 4 route choices on the map to see how (fastest, shortest, freeway most, freeway least) it will be routed, the color legend is broken. It used to be 4 different colors. Now it sometimes uses the same color for different routes, and that color may not even appear on the map screen. So the legend might use blue for 3 of them, and red for one, but on the map will be a green line and a yellow line.
    Update: this also looks to be fixed by the factory reset.

- Volume messed up. Even on quietest mode, certain sounds are extremely loud while others are quiet as they are supposed to be
    Update: with the factory reset, this may be taken care of too

Bugs not fixed:

- In the middle of a multi-destination trip. If you turn off the unit and turn it back on, the trip is lost. What good is a multi-destination trip if you can't stop at each location and resume when you start up your car again? I assume this is a bug since this feature worked fine in the 4250

-I always select in the options "2D north up". Then when you go to the map, tap on it, and go to 3d view and back to 2d, you'll see things are fine. However, if you then leave it in 3d view, leave the map screen, and come back later, tapping on the screen shows 2d heading up instead of north up like specified in the options. And if you go to options, it has now changed to 2d heading up.

Improvements I wish for
    - Real satellite status screen like on the 4250. This table of numbers is just not usable for a general consumer

- In the 4250, if you search for a POI or address, you can pan around the map around the destination. Then you can plop down a pointer and route to that instead. This helps if you don't have an actual POI in the database or just forgot the name. You can find something you know near it, move around the map to where you know it should be, then route to that location. This capability is missing in this unit and could be helpful.
  • PND4ME 0 Points

How about a little honesty on their website then and have them pull the answer to this question:
    Magellan RoadMate 1340

Question:

Your unit displayed the following message "Your device needs to be restarted to increase performance. Please wait while your data is saved."

Answer:

We have received isolated reports of this issue and are currently working on a firmware update solution due to be released by the end of September. Please check back with our website at www.magellangps.com/support at that time, enter your model number in the downloads/updates section and check for the latest software update.

And instead say return it while you can.
    Marc

If they do isolate the cause of these FAE, I'm sure Magellan will post an u pdate for it, but for now, there is no real plan as I understand to support the EOL products. But that's just my opinion and it does not reflect what Magellan may apply towards these EOL products.
  • This for PND4ME.. This may be a stupid question but here goes.. I went from 1.15 to 2.04 to 2.05.. My 1470 is fine no problems on the 1 touch, others are having problems, does going from 1.15 to 2.05 contribute to their problem?? Or when you update it takes everything out then puts in new ( I think I answered my own question ) Why does one updated gps work one way and another act another way?? Thanks sorry for the abuse you seem to take on this site....
  • Marc 301 Points
    Since the 1340 is just a 1440 with a smaller screen I find it highly unlikely that they found the solution for the 1440 and not the 1340. Previous releases were done in parallel. To me this smells of Mitac returning to the ways of Magellan when they were owned by venture capitalist, leaving users of products that were barely a year old high and dry when it comes to support.
  • PND4ME 0 Points
    Since the 1340 is just a 1440 with a smaller screen I find it highly unlikely that they found the solution for the 1440 and not the 1340. Previous releases were done in parallel. To me this smells of Mitac returning to the ways of Magellan when they were owned by venture capitalist, leaving users of products that were barely a year old high and dry when it comes to support.
    I think 1340 is older than one year since introduction and they are not saying anything about not supporting it.
  • bcwang 0 Points
    This for PND4ME.. This may be a stupid question but here goes.. I went from 1.15 to 2.04 to 2.05.. My 1470 is fine no problems on the 1 touch, others are having problems, does going from 1.15 to 2.05 contribute to their problem?? Or when you update it takes everything out then puts in new ( I think I answered my own question ) Why does one updated gps work one way and another act another way?? Thanks sorry for the abuse you seem to take on this site....
    I thought about what you said, and thought to myself there is no way magellan could have missed this problem with onetouch. So I went and re-initialized the entire GPS back to out of box settings. Now, onetouch works perfectly fine!

So I think there is some problem with the updater dealing with pre-set onetouch settings and it all ends up corrupted. I guess the best thing to do after a firmware update is re-initialize to factory settings, though you end up losing all your addresses. Maybe the backup and restore feature can put back those settings without putting back to corruption. Haven't tried that yet.
  • PND4ME 0 Points
    This for PND4ME.. This may be a stupid question but here goes.. I went from 1.15 to 2.04 to 2.05.. My 1470 is fine no problems on the 1 touch, others are having problems, does going from 1.15 to 2.05 contribute to their problem?? Or when you update it takes everything out then puts in new ( I think I answered my own question ) Why does one updated gps work one way and another act another way?? Thanks sorry for the abuse you seem to take on this site....

I thought about what you said, and thought to myself there is no way magellan could have missed this problem with onetouch. So I went and re-initialized the entire GPS back to out of box settings. Now, onetouch works perfectly fine!

So I think there is some problem with the updater dealing with pre-set onetouch settings and it all ends up corrupted. I guess the best thing to do after a firmware update is re-initialize to factory settings, though you end up losing all your addresses. Maybe the backup and restore feature can put back those settings without putting back to corruption. Haven't tried that yet.
    Thanks BCWang

I would recommend the best thing to do once you have updated your unit is to perform a master reset, this usually takes care of most the issues.
    If you would clarify your concern, I can help you get an answer or have Magellan look at it if we can duplicate it.

Thanks for your help
  • egale 0 Points
    I just updated my 1470 to 2.05. The major issue I have with the unit hasn't been corrected with this update.

In NY most small towns or villages belong to a township. The township is a political group of smaller towns and villagesl The township has absolutely nothing to do with postal addresses or routing a gps. You would never give someone your township name when giving them directions to your home and once you leave your own town, you probably would never know the township name of where you are going.

Yet, the 1470 insists on saving address book favorites with township names rather than city/town names. In the case of my address, it even saves the wrong township name. I can enter the address by the town but it saves the township name instead.

I think though that on POIs it now displays the correct town with the township name in parentheses.

No other gps does this so Magellan can't blame the maps on navteq.
  • PND4ME 0 Points
    I just updated my 1470 to 2.05. The major issue I have with the unit hasn't been corrected with this update.

In NY most small towns or villages belong to a township. The township is a political group of smaller towns and villagesl The township has absolutely nothing to do with postal addresses or routing a gps. You would never give someone your township name when giving them directions to your home and once you leave your own town, you probably would never know the township name of where you are going.

Yet, the 1470 insists on saving address book favorites with township names rather than city/town names. In the case of my address, it even saves the wrong township name. I can enter the address by the town but it saves the township name instead.

I think though that on POIs it now displays the correct town with the township name in parentheses.

Eagle

Can you please offer specific township names and cities/Counties they are in that you have concerns with, the more the better.
    I will do what I can to past the word to Magellan MDC regarding your concern.
    Not sure if it is a concern with everyone since I don't hear much about it here in West Coast, but your feed back is important so please provide as much details along with State, County, City, Township, street and number you are looking for.

Thanks
  • egale 0 Points
    I guess is must be an east coast or ny thing.

Almost all towns on Long Island or in Westchester. Any address.
    Wantagh, NY Town of Hempstead
    Bellmore. NY Town of Hempstead
    Copiague, NY Town of Babylon
    Medford, NY Town of Brookhaven
    Blauvelt, NY Town of Orangetown

The list goes on and on. the Townships are saved in the address book not the village.

Also, if I do a where am it will, tell me the township not the village. If I asked someone to pick me up in the Town of Orangetown, they wouldn't have any idea where that is but Blauvelt they could find.

For my home address, it lets me enter the town, Chappaqua but saves it as Town of Mt Pleasant. In reality, it is the Town of New Castle!
  • PND4ME 0 Points

The list goes on and on. the Townships are saved in the address book not the village.

Also, if I do a where am it will, tell me the township not the village. If I asked someone to pick me up in the Town of Orangetown, they wouldn't have any idea where that is but Blauvelt they could find.

For my home address, it lets me enter the town, Chappaqua but saves it as Town of Mt Pleasant. In reality, it is the Town of New Castle!
    egale
    Not sure what GPS / PND shows villages? Are you trying to say Cities? and I'm just wondering why there are not more people concern about this issue you are questioning?
    I will pass on your concern, but please make clear as to what you mean by villages?
  • Marc 301 Points

I think 1340 is older than one year since introduction and they are not saying anything about not supporting it.
    The 1340, 1440, and 1470 were all released in April of 2009 with a simultaneous announcement. See here:
    http://www.gpslodge.com/archives/025536.php

So as I said it does not make a whole lot of sense to be abandoning the 1340 and it should make people with a 1340 very unhappy.
  • PND4ME 0 Points

The 1340, 1440, and 1470 were all released in April of 2009 with a simultaneous announcement. See here:
    http://www.gpslodge.com/archives/025536.php

So as I said it does not make a whole lot of sense to be abandoning the 1340 and it should make people with a 1340 very unhappy.
    As I have not tested any new update for the 1340, it just maybe like you stated what works for a 1440 will work for a 1340, if that's the case, lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for a new update firmware.
  • egale 0 Points

egale
    Not sure what GPS / PND shows villages? Are you trying to say Cities? and I'm just wondering why there are not more people concern about this issue you are questioning?
    I will pass on your concern, but please make clear as to what you mean by villages?
    A village is a small town. I guess it only confuses the issue when trying to explain. Lets just say "city" for postal address. In NY many small cities are grouped into larger political townships (for police, etc.) The townships are political only, they are not used for addresses or routing. So, although I search or enter by city like Wantagh or Chappaqua, The 1470 saves the address with the township name like "Town of Hempstead" or "Town of New Castle".

The township names are just plain wrong. Nobody who is not from the immediate area would know or care about them. Nobody can find you based on a township.

Does this make it any clearer?
  • Has anyone else had problems with their unit spontaneously shutting down with 2.04 and 2.05? I am still having the problem, but since 1.15 bricked my other two units I don't think I'll be going back to that.
  • DonF 0 Points
    FYI......I've had the same experience with the Maestro 4700. I was trying to enter an address of a retailer in a fairly large Canadian city and after a few keypad entry's it showed there was no such address. I double checked the address in the yellow pages, on the INTERNET and a business card. They all confirmed the same information. I ended up checking a detailed map of the area and found some obscure township names I had never heard of on the edge of the city. After entering a few of them it appeared. Another incident, I was updating my address book and was trying to input an address in Mount Hope Ontario Canada. No how, No way. After playing around with it for awhile I ended up finding it ONLY after entering a postal code (US zip) number search. It did come up as Mount Hope Ontario, yet it did not exist any other way eg: address or city center etc. BUT I had the same problems with my Garmin over the years especially with "City of" (this may include several towns and a few hundred square miles), townships and municipalities. Some places the Garmin shows the town names as locals know it and some cases the Magellan does. I have learned to live with it. There are millions of incidents where the postal address the phone number exchange and municipalities are not in sync. Usually rural. I think of it as a challenge to find it.
  • PND4ME 0 Points
    FYI......I've had the same experience with the Maestro 4700. I was trying to enter an address of a retailer in a fairly large Canadian city and after a few keypad entry's it showed there was no such address. I double checked the address in the yellow pages, on the INTERNET and a business card. They all confirmed the same information. I ended up checking a detailed map of the area and found some obscure township names I had never heard of on the edge of the city. After entering a few of them it appeared. Another incident, I was updating my address book and was trying to input an address in Mount Hope Ontario Canada. No how, No way. After playing around with it for awhile I ended up finding it ONLY after entering a postal code (US zip) number search. It did come up as Mount Hope Ontario, yet it did not exist any other way eg: address or city center etc. BUT I had the same problems with my Garmin over the years especially with "City of" (this may include several towns and a few hundred square miles), townships and municipalities. Some places the Garmin shows the town names as locals know it and some cases the Magellan does. I have learned to live with it. There are millions of incidents where the postal address the phone number exchange and municipalities are not in sync. Usually rural. I think of it as a challenge to find it.
    If you found the same issue with Garmin, than it probably is a NavTeq issue more than the GPS manufacturers. Have you reported your concerns to NavTeq, sometimes it takes up to 9 months to a year to correct issues like these.

Thanks for your input
  • PND4ME 0 Points
    Has anyone else had problems with their unit spontaneously shutting down with 2.04 and 2.05? I am still having the problem, but since 1.15 bricked my other two units I don't think I'll be going back to that.
    Can you offer some specific details, starting point State, City, Street and location number you started from and the same information as to your final destination.
    What version are you running in which Magellan model? I guess by the sound of it, you must own a Magellan RoadMate 1470 that have version 2.05 software loaded correct?

Also provide were you indoors or outdoors when this shut down occured? Did you have GPS receiption when the unit rebooted.
    Did it pvoide a message regarding needing to shut down due to memory issue?

The more information you can supply us, the better chance Magellan will be able to duplicate your concern and fix the bug.

If you wish, you can PM me with your information.

Thanks for your help
  • PND4ME 0 Points

egale

A village is a small town. I guess it only confuses the issue when trying to explain. Lets just say "city" for postal address. In NY many small cities are grouped into larger political townships (for police, etc.) The townships are political only, they are not used for addresses or routing. So, although I search or enter by city like Wantagh or Chappaqua, The 1470 saves the address with the township name like "Town of Hempstead" or "Town of New Castle".

The township names are just plain wrong. Nobody who is not from the immediate area would know or care about them. Nobody can find you based on a township.

Your concern have been past on to Magellan, could be a NavTeq issue but not sure. Magellan extract the attributes NavTeq supplies and may have used the incorrect information. don't know but will try to find out for you.
  • DonF 0 Points

If you found the same issue with Garmin, than it probably is a NavTeq issue more than the GPS manufacturers. Have you reported your concerns to NavTeq, sometimes it takes up to 9 months to a year to correct issues like these.

Thanks for your input
    First of all "millions of incidents" is exaggerating a dad (big tad) I suppose. As far as reporting, it does not bother me. Anyone that has ever hunted,fished,snowmobiled or even has a cottage has at least once said "I didn't know the name was really *enter name* I always thought is was* enter other name*" Then you have the big cities with buroughs......big headaches for GPS mapping developers.
  • I guess is must be an east coast or ny thing.

egale

Your concern have been past on to Magellan, could be a NavTeq issue but not sure. Magellan extract the attributes NavTeq supplies and may have used the incorrect information. don't know but will try to find out for you.
    I was having the same problem. I live in Philadelphia, PA area and I see it here too. I also go to Rockland County, NY often and probably visit some of the same towns as the poster. It seems to be fixed to me. Although I haven't gone anywhere with it yet I've looked up some previously troublesome addresses and they're now associated with the village/town as well as the township. I saved the addresses to my addressbook and didn't seem to have a problem. I'll try some more addresses over the coming weeks and see if I have any of the previous issues.
  • PND4ME 0 Points

Egale

My operation manager just checked our RoadMate 1470 with version 2.05 update and an older version 1.23 and we confirmed your issue with the township name on the older version software.
    Here is the good news and strange part about all this, in the version 2.05 software/firmware that just have been released, the township and town/City is now listed and saved in address book, it shows the City than the Township in brackets.
    Are you sure you updated your unit correctly? and if you did, do a master reset to see if it helps.
    I have taken pictures of the difference but there is no way for us to post pictures on this forum as I know of.

So please try to update your unit again and check it, you may have to erase your old memory and reload the new update with fresh addresses.

Good Luck, but it appears Magellan have listen and fix what you are concern with.

Next....

• egale 0 Points

Thanks for your input

First of all "millions of incidents" is exaggerating a dad (big tad) I suppose. As far as reporting, it does not bother me. Anyone that has ever hunted,fished,snowmobiled or even has a cottage has at least once said "I didn't know the name was really *enter name* I always thought is was* enter other name*" Then you have the big cities with buroughs......big headaches for GPS mapping developers.
    I appreciate your help. Just as an FYI, Garmin and Navigon which both use Navteq don't have this problem. It does appear Magellan is not extracting the correct info in this case. There must be a ton of information there and filtering out what is important and what is not must be quite difficult.
  • Tim 1481 Points
    I've updated PND4ME's post above with the image.
  • egale 0 Points
    I took another look. It seems POIs are now showing city with township in brackets. Unfortunately, trying to save a favorite still yields the same results with the township being saved. Also the where am I function and setting HOME also shows township.

I will try doing an update a again and master reset too. But it looks as if the issue is half fixed which is good. I think the POI fix is actually more important as when I save a favorite, I know the city. Its when I am in a strange area the city is very important.
  • DonF 0 Points
    I appreciate your help. Just as an FYI, Garmin and Navigon which both use Navteq don't have this problem. It does appear Magellan is not extracting the correct info in this case. There must be a ton of information there and filtering out what is important and what is not must be quite difficult.
    They may not now, but they sure did on my old Ique 3600 and C340.
  • egale 0 Points
    Ok, I must apoligize. I played around with the 1470 and found the favorites are fixed too, if you create a new favorite. If you try to modify a favorite that had the township, it still saves the township. I had to delete the old favorite and add it new. Then it worked!

The only things that don't work are HOME and WHERE AM I. These still revert to the township.

Overall though, I am pleased with this update. My apologies again for speaking too soon!
  • canuck 0 Points
    Tried to load 2.04 to my 1440 and it stalled....Indicated to reset and hit the back button.

When I turn the unit back on I get the rotating circle? It goes on for ever. Does this mean it is "bricked"

I followed the instructions and I have done an update in the past without incident.

Help/Suggestions
  • blico 0 Points
    Updated to 2.05 3 days ago with no problems. Unit has worked fine until today. Pluged unit in and it was stuck on the last road I was on (screen frozen an couldn't access any of the option buttons on the screen). Turned unit off - then back on and it stay with the magellan logo and the circling circle (is rotating) turned off and on several times with same results - left it for a 1/2 hr or so with no change. Hooked up to USB and it will not come to the blue screen, nor does the PC acknowledge it is connected.
    Thoughts anyone?

P.S. Had been fine with 1.10 that it came with in May '09, guess I shouldn't of messed with it!
  • Blico I got to the same spot with the rotating clock like symbol but in a different way. I sent an e-mail to Magellan yesterday.
  • Tried to load 2.04 to my 1440 and it stalled....Indicated to reset and hit the back button.

When I turn the unit back on I get the rotating circle? It goes on for ever. Does this mean it is "bricked"

I followed the instructions and I have done an update in the past without incident.

Help/Suggestions
    It is bricked...that is the exact reason why I sent 2 units back after I updated to 1.15. Each unit worked for about a week and then I got the rotating clock. Is it also missing the copyright info lines at the very bottom?

Actually, I don't think "bricked" is the right term to use for this, but rather looped.
  • blico 0 Points
    Called tech support and it is as you foks say "bricked" Worked fine for 5 months then did the 2.05 update. I would suggest that possibly Magellan take down their update until they figure out what is occuring. Mine is now on the way to them!
  • B,

Did you have to pay for shipping? What was the turn around time expected? I live in Canada but assume the location to send them the unit is in the US?

I'm out of town and can not send them the unit back for a couple days but i will give them a call to prepare.

Thanks for the info. OK I will now call it a "looped brick"
  • Marc 301 Points
    Many units bricked with 1.15-1.16. Magellan never took them down. I think the problem is that something is already corrupted before you do the update, but the update makes the problem worse. Unfortunately, I think Magellan does not have a handle on this.
  • I did have to pay for shipping to Smyrna, TN...about $10 at the UPS store. Also, turn-around time is about a week (as advertised)
  • blico 0 Points
    Yup, shipping about $10 and they did say a week to 10 days for the turn around.
    Good luck!
  • Magellan has "taken-down" 2.05 and reverted back to 1.15. Obviously, they're aware of the problems with 2.05. I tried to "downgrade" back to 1.15 on my 1440, however, it won't do it..!! I get a message "cannot update to the device"..!!

How can I "remove" 2.05 and "reinstall" 1.15.... PLEASE HELP....!!!!
  • Going back to 1.15 doesn't appear to be an option if you have 2.05, but this appears to be a temporary measure to stop the bleeding by Magellan. I'd be willing to bet there is a revision 2.06 or higher in 48 hrs.
  • Sending mine in via UPS to a Canadian depot. I see the the 2.06 is still up in the Maestro models. The 1.15 seemed to be OK but 1.15 to 2.05 something went wrong. Yes I did go to the site and saw they had taken the 1.15 down.
  • So I have 2.05 on my 1470. It routed me all the way to Florida from Illinois with no problem. I have it on whenever I am in the car. Whether it is routing me someplace or not. Yesterday, while I am driving around. The unit is just on. No routing. I get the infamous "The unit needs to be restarted to increase performance". That is the first time it has done that since I had 2.05. Mind you that it got me to Florida with no problem. Perhaps every so often it just needs to reboot.
  • Has anyone else using 2.05 experienced the unit shutting down on its own after starting up and going for about 20 minutes on "view">"Map"? I have two refurbs that both do it. If a destination is programmed in, it doesn't seem to do it.