This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

1st timer- Garmin 265WT

Planning to buy this one- what other accessories will I need?

Comments

• Marc 301 Points
    You don't need anything. You might want to get a case to put it in. If you want something besides a windshield mount you can look at dash friction mounts, vent mounts, etc. Oh, I assume you have a USB cable that will connect it to a computer. You really do need that for firmware and map updates.
  • I've picked up a case for the Nuvi, a small case for the cables, a bean-bag mount, a couple extra SD cards, and some plastic sheeting to make screen protectors with.
  • You definitely need a friction mount because the windshield adhesive mount is horrible.
  • Marc 301 Points
    I have never heard of a windshield adhesive mount. There is an adhesive disk that you can stick to the dashboard and then use your suction cup on that. Of course if you try to take it off things get messy. However, the suction cup mount to the windshield works fine for most people. Try it before you spend money on something you don't need.
  • Whatever, adhesive, suction, it's all the same to me. Mine fell off the windshield constantly after a month. And it left a strange orange ring on the windshield.

Sorry for the double post. Don't know how to get rid of it.
  • I have the 265WT and never have a problem with the windshield mount. I would just stick with what comes with the unit first and then decide if you need a different mount later. No use in spending extra if you don't have to.
  • Whatever, adhesive, suction, it's all the same to me. Mine fell off the windshield constantly after a month. And it left a strange orange ring on the windshield.

Sorry for the double post. Don't know how to get rid of it.
    The mount on the 255 and 265 stink. I ended up sending mine in since the rubber window suction cup tore and rendered it useless. I ended up buying a beefier third party holder. I called Garmin and got a few replacement mount overnighted to me. They know it's a bad design.

Don