This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

similar to the Nuvi 350

madams2 0 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Recommendations
I borrowed a friends C530 the other day and loved it. It was the first time I used a GPS and it was so much better than printing out Google maps each time I need direction. Now I need one.

I like the Nuvi 350 but I don't need the MP3 player or photo viewer. If they put a FM transmitter into it so that the MP3 could be played over the radio it would be useful but without there is no need.

What other GPS would be close? My biggest need would be SiRF and text-to-speech. I was looking at the LG models but they aren't out yet. Has there been and pre-release review of them yet?

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    I haven't seen much pre-release info on the LG models.... I'm always weary of first generation products.

Since you liked the Nuvi but want an FM transmitter, consider the Nuvi 660 which has an FM transmitter built in. But a word of caution, most people (you will see other messages in this forum) that many people have had less than stellar results from the built in FM transmitter in Garmin devices. Most people say they had poor signal quality. I had fair results with it, but I also was in an area at the time with little other radio stations to interfere.
  • OK, so the FM transmitter isn't that great. I can live without it. If I wanted music that is what they make IPODs for right.

So, are there any other models out there that are just like the 350 (as far as quality) but without the MP3 player. I fell like I am wasting $100 on something that I will never use.

I guess my ideal model would be the 350 but no MP3 player. If I could get down to $400 that would be great.

I do see some Nuvi 350 being sold on ebay for around $390 but they are refurbs. I don't want to play close to retail on a refurb
  • Tim 1480 Points
    So, are there any other models out there that are just like the 350 (as far as quality) but without the MP3 player. I fell like I am wasting $100 on something that I will never use.
    Not in the nice small size of the Nuvi. The MP3 player doesn't likely add $100 to the price. All of the hardware components (internal drive, SD, speaker) are already there so there are probably more costs on the software side.

I would bit the bullet and get the 350. We hear more positive feedback from users who have purchased devices in the Nuvi line than from any other GPS.
  • That is the way I was leaning. I also looked at TT One but with out text-to-speech it falls just short

Thanks for the input