This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

nuvi 265wt coupon offers

Is there a way to delete these offers by using a pc? I don't see a way to do it on the units menus, thaks for your help :mrgreen:

Comments

• gatorguy 326 Points
    It's part of the traffic feature. They pop up so infrequently for most buyers, and only when at a full stop, most don't seem to have any issue with it. But if you really want them gone either turn off traffic or buy a pay-for-play traffic cable and subscription from Garmin to replace your current one. FWIW, all of us with extended navigation features (like traffic) just need to accept that advertising is going to support some of the pricing no matter who makes the device. If not now, then it's coming sooner rather than later, IMO.
  • Marc 301 Points
    I'm not sure he means preventing them from popping up as opposed to deleteing them from the area they are saved afterwards and appear when you select the tools/offers selection. Which is it?
  • I just want to delete them from where they are stored, I did find out you can't touch them or then they get stored on your unit, that is where I'm trying to delete them from, I know I can't stop them.
  • SergZak 340 Points
    edited December 2009
    The Navteq Traffic ads are stored on the nuvi in x:\Garmin\Poi\ddb folder. Delete the folder and the ads should be gone. They will again reappear as the ads are again downloaded via the free Navteq Traffic subscription.

MSN Direct data is also stored in the same folder. After using MSN on the nuvi and subsequent reboots, the nuvi looks at this folder and if MSN Direct data is contained within it, the nuvi will display the MSN Direct icon on it's menu. To get rid of the MSN Direct icon from the menu, you need to either

a. Connect an FM Traffic (GTM 2x) receiver to the unit which will remove the MSN data from the folder along with removing the icon from the menu.

b. Delete the folder mentioned above.

If you run off the battery or a non-traffic power cable, the MSN icon will remain.

*Note that this method does NOT work on the 8x5 series (and likely the 8x0 series as well).
  • Thanks for the tip will try it later.