This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Magellan 1475T Questions I haven't seen in forums yet

cypernut 0 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
Hi,
Does anybody have the problem of the blue arrow being behind where i really am, meaning when a pass a road the blue arrow will pass the road about 500' later. My old 700 was pretty much dead on. This was the first time I tried the 1475T as I bought it yesterday and it was raining out today I'm wondering if that rain and cloud cover had something to do with it all though my 700 had no problem with cloud cover.

My other question would be, does anybody know what all those abreviations and numbers mean in the satalite status page with the 1475T which number would be the signal strength of the satalite.

thanks in advance for any help given.
cypernut

Comments

• blico 0 Points
    There are a few posts here on that problem, but none as severe as the footage that you seem to be off. I sent a 1470 to them for a similar problem - about 80' off on roads and over 100' off in elevation. They are "upgrading" me to a 1475 that should arrive Wed. Mine was also off on destinations - the 1470 would show I arrived too soon or not at all - it was consistent for the same destination. I'm not encouraged by your post, hopefully it was the bad weather, let us know. There is a FAQ that explains those sat #s. http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6105
  • egale 0 Points
    My 1470 is off 50 - 100 feet all the time. I sort have gotten used to it because it is consistantly off.
  • My 1470 is off by 50 to 75 feet. I have heard that there is a firmware update that will fix that. I am still waiting. I have 2.05 rel 3 now.
  • Hi, well I tried my magellen 1475t again today under sunny skies and it still is delayed way to much. I wouldn't be able to use it like it is now it would drive me crazy so I called Magellan surport and they are sending me a new one. I hope this one is better, otherwise it is going back and I'll stick with my dinosuar 700/760. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the replies and the link to explain those satalite status numbers.

cypernut
  • I have an old Roadmate 860t. If I could get current maps for that, I would still use it. It really calculates well. The maps are at least 5 years old. That is why I bought the 1470.
  • Looking at the reply from elvisfan I should have metioned that I did update the firmware to 2.20 with no sucess. I was missing the traffic
    link power cable I just had the Plain cable (which they are sending) so suport told me that once I use that Traffic link Cable i should have better signals I told them that the link cable only recieves radio singals for traffic reports and not satalite singals so then they told me to reset the unit so i did and that did not help at all in fact it seemed like it made it worse. So after all that they are sending me a new one. From what I here from you guys it's not going to matter. Like i said i'll keep you guys posted.

Cypernut
  • Hey there, I just wanted to give an update. I received my replacement unit from magellan today and tried it out. This unit is way off too, I guess that's just the way it is with these units. I don't understand why my roadmate 700/760 can be so much more accurate then these higher end units. I decided to keep it I just hope someone with influence can give magellan the heads up about this and they can come up with a fix for it. Thanks everyone who replied for your help.

cypernut
  • blico 0 Points
    By now, by reading the latest threads - and according to Magellan - there is a problem with accuracy in the 147X units. Swapping them will do no good. Engineering is working on a fix. It is unfortunate that the frontline TS folks have not been notified as of yesterday AM.
  • By now, by reading the latest threads - and according to Magellan - there is a problem with accuracy in the 147X units. Swapping them will do no good. Engineering is working on a fix. It is unfortunate that the frontline TS folks have not been notified as of yesterday AM.
    This is going on with more than the 147X units. I have the 4700 also as I am trying to evaluate which one I will keep. I want the BT feature on the 4700 but my new Samsung is not in the approved list and CS says it will not work. Well it works but not well. I hear everyone great but they are having a very difficult time hearing me. Don't know whats up. Anyway, being off on position for 200-600 feet is just not right. Engineering should get their heads out of the clouds (being nice here) and design working units or don't come out with new products. This may give Magellan a bad name. I do realize that this is not a $4000 product but it should work correctly. What the sense of having these items if they don't do what they should. As many mentioned here also if the POI's can't be kept up to date then there is no need to have them. I do like that the Magellans give phone # and address info. If I am in question about the business being there I can call, but that adds time to everything. The other side is not having business that are established, national and around......oh say like "Radio Shack". The only one either unit found is 18 miles away when I know there are 3 from 2.8 - 5 miles from me. That just wrong. Sorry for the rant!!! I may wind up returning both and just wait a couple of years till all these companies realize their short falls and merge into 1.

JK'ing about the merger.
  • I think the most any GPS has is 7 Million POIs. You are not going to get everything. It also would be nice if Magellan updated the maps more often. Garmin and Tom Tom update I think every 3 months. Magellan, not so much. My 1470 is off a bit. Perhaps a 100 feet sometimes. I would like it to be better, but I can live with it. Even if Magellan engineers fix it. I think the existing owners are going to be out of luck. They certainly aren't going to accept every unit back for replacement. We will see what happens.
  • Tim 1481 Points
    I think the most any GPS has is 7 Million POI
    There are a few models out there with 12-15 million.
  • I don't think the 3 major brands have more then 7 million POI.
  • I think the most any GPS has is 7 Million POI

There are a few models out there with 12-15 million.
    Which ones?
  • Tim 1481 Points
    The HP iPAQ 310 (now discontinued) came with 12 million, the TeleNav Shotgun comes with 11 million... there are others but those two are the first to come to mind.
  • Mio S501 has 12 million.