This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Magellan RoadMate iPhone application a huge success

PND4ME 0 Points
edited November -1 in Smartphone Navigation
Magellan just introduced the new Magellan RoadMate iPhone application a few days ago and it is already in the TOP 6 Grossing app's of all time.
Navigon being available much longer is current in #2 position, they were in the top grossing position for some time.
TomTom who also have been out for sometime is in the #5 position.
What was surprising is Magellan only introduce this app less than a week ago and they are already in the #6 position and rated with a 4 out of 5 start rating from users that purchased the app at the introductory price of $79.99.

Looks to be another success for Magellan and hope they keep them coming.

Comments

• Update 1.1 is live! Look for it.
    Thanks Maggie now I can post what has been updated:

1. Added compatibility for iPod Touch.

2. Improved Speedometer accuracy.

3. Added threshold adjustments to speed limit warnings.

4. Added ability to tap on POIs on map screen to show POI details.

5. Added ability to select and route to POIs on the map screen .

6. Added multi-destination routing .

7. Added ability to tap car icon to save “Current Location” .

8. Improved Music Player.

· Larger, easier to use buttons.

· Map now visible while using music player controls.

9. City selections now sorted by distance.

10. Improved panning on the Map screen.

11. Corrected issues routing to address in Contacts.

12. Corrected issues with displayed addresses.

13. Added controls to Simulation Mode – Fast forward (2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 16x) Rewind, Pause, Next.

14. UI and cosmetic enhancements Larger back button.

· Added direct Map access button.

· Large vehicle indicator.

· Relocated Music button.

· Voice Language Settings – TTS voices moved to the top.

· Default voice changed to “Susan”.

15. Added “Find my car” feature to OneTouch.

Thanks Magellan for keeping up with the software and enhancing it continuously, can't wait till you share the next update with us.

By the way, Magellan do monitor this site!!! LOL...
    So I will ask again. Is maggie.nav a company rep?
  • Tim 1480 Points
    I'd like to know as well. I don't care if they are or are not and we'll give you a nice Magellan logo as an avatar beside your username if you are. I don't mind (and even encourage) company participation so long as we know the affiliation.
  • Yep, I'd like to see some company reps here. Of course, I would prefer they contribute more than just touting the latest products. :)
  • I will also like to know if he and PND4ME are buddies ;)
    or all pads
  • Tim 1480 Points
    I will also like to know if he and PND4ME are buddies
    They probably are but there is nothing wrong with that.
  • gatorguy 326 Points
    Magellan RoadMate for iPhone App on sale for $59.99. Announced just a few minutes ago with no mention of when the sale ends that I could see, but it "expires soon".
    or all pads
    I have no idea who in Magellan is calling themselves Maggie.nav but I understand that Magellan will have employees monitor the different forums since I have been sharing some of the concerns with them.
    They are willing to address each issue and appreciate the forum contributions.
    My feedbacks goes to many departments from testing, to marketing, product marketing, engineering to the executive staff COO and CEO etc, and it seems to have helped focus their effort on certain show stopper issues that Magellan is aware off.
    I don't work for Magellan nor am I paid by Magellan in any manner so I'm on my own here but I carry a little weight with the company due to the long term relationship we have with Magellan.
    Thanks for asking but I think Maggie.nav can be anyone of the Magellan employees.
    I think the problem is if Magellan employee is identified, some newbie on this forum will probably B!$#h and complaint instead of being productive and piss someone off. These are low price PND's and we are lucky they even care that it get better or not.
    I had the SVP of marketing get on this forum a few years ago and he took responsibility but did not have the resources to check this forum on a regular basis.
  • Magellan RoadMate for iPhone App on sale for $59.99. Announced just a few minutes ago with no mention of when the sale ends that I could see, but it "expires soon".
    I been recommending this to Magellan since they launch that that the price of the app should be $59.99-$69.99 and they launched it at $79.99 and was going to go up to $99.99.
    Hate to say it, today everyone wants free so to recover developement cost, they better lower their price before everyone buys a Navigon or TomTom iPhone app.

I guess they finally got the message and it's a good move in their part! Hopefully there are tons of iTune gift cards given this year and they will use it to buy Nav apps instead of songs! lol

Yes, I am. I am sorry, I did not see your post until now. I was unsure If I was allowed to post here; therefore, I was trying my best to be "ninja" like.

Please let me introduce myself. My username is Maggie and I am a community representative from Magellan. This department is actually quite new and we are working on serving GPS enthusiasts like yourself.

I try to keep my advertisments to a minmium and only offer news, help, etc.
    or all pads
    Cryspy102,

I do not know who PND4ME is. I am sure he does not work for Magellan; however, buddies, I would like to become friends with everyone here on the forum. Part of my job is to keep this thread alive, so please feel free to comment.

BTW: what is pads? :D
    or all pads

I have no idea who in Magellan is calling themselves Maggie.nav but I understand that Magellan will have employees monitor the different forums since I have been sharing some of the concerns with them.
    They are willing to address each issue and appreciate the forum contributions.
    My feedbacks goes to many departments from testing, to marketing, product marketing, engineering to the executive staff COO and CEO etc, and it seems to have helped focus their effort on certain show stopper issues that Magellan is aware off.
    I don't work for Magellan nor am I paid by Magellan in any manner so I'm on my own here but I carry a little weight with the company due to the long term relationship we have with Magellan.
    Thanks for asking but I think Maggie.nav can be anyone of the Magellan employees.
    I think the problem is if Magellan employee is identified, some newbie on this forum will probably B!$#h and complaint instead of being productive and piss someone off. These are low price PND's and we are lucky they even care that it get better or not.
    I had the SVP of marketing get on this forum a few years ago and he took responsibility but did not have the resources to check this forum on a regular basis.
    PND4ME,

Thank you so much for your support. Yes, Magellan does keep a open eye on all forum post and user feedback. It is our mission to acknowledge what the consumers want and provide it. We love and appreciate any feedback or suggestions you may have for our products. :D
  • So I will ask again. Is maggie.nav a company rep?

I'd like to know as well. I don't care if they are or are not and we'll give you a nice Magellan logo as an avatar beside your username if you are. I don't mind (and even encourage) company participation so long as we know the affiliation.
    Tim,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. Yes, I would love my own nice Magellan logo and avatar. LOL.

We are currently working on a free app and car kit promotion. Would it be okay with forum rules and policy to host it here? Please let me know. I wouldn't want GPSreview to be left out.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    We are currently working on a free app and car kit promotion. Would it be okay with forum rules and policy to host it here? Please let me know. I wouldn't want GPSreview to be left out.
    Yes, that is cool. I've added your avatar.
  • alanb 539 Points
    Welcome to the forum Maggie. It is nice having a representative from Magellan participating here.
  • Lets hope this honeymoon last a long time and everyone to understand and support Maggienav as a friend of ours. :lol:

Welcom Maggie.nav, are you working out of Santa Clara or San Dimas, my understanding is there will be two of you.
    I'm sure with your input and assistant, we can move things along.

James

Auto Nav 2000 Plus, Inc.
  • I don't know about you guys but i love when the masks fall this way (kidding) ;-)

Seriously, it's nice to have someone from Magellan in this forum. Hopefully your participation won't just be to advertise your products.
  • Welcome maggie.nav! Nice to to see some visible interest!

PND4ME, I don't think you need to worry about much bad behavior from noobies and disgruntled owners. A little constructive criticism is good for the soul. I'm sure the moderators will keep that in check. :)
  • Lets hope this honeymoon last a long time and everyone to understand and support Maggienav as a friend of ours. :lol:

Welcom Maggie.nav, are you working out of Santa Clara or San Dimas, my understanding is there will be two of you.
    I'm sure with your input and assistant, we can move things along.

James

Auto Nav 2000 Plus, Inc.
    James,

Wow, I am surprised you know so much of our new department. Yes, there are only two of us. I would be managing this forum. I work out of the Southern California: San Dimas office. :D

I will try my best to help answer questions and concerns.