This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Magellan Roadmate Contest Thread

maggie.nav 0 Points
edited November -1 in Smartphone Navigation
Hi Everyone,

Christmas is a time of giving, a time for sharing, and a time for free stuff! To celebrate this season properly we feel that it is only appropriate to give away 2 free Apps! We just want to thank everyone who have supported us in the past few months. So we want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and good luck in the contest! Perhaps, our App may help you navigate through the stormy winter!

Contest Procedures/Rules:
Please answer the questions below correctly
Message me your answers before December 24, 2009 at 11:59PM (PST) NO EXCEPTIONS!
Winners with the correct answers will be randomly selected from a cookie jar

We will announce the winners and answers sometime on Christmas Day!

Questions:

What was Frosty the Snowman's last words?
Which country created eggnog?
Which reindeer’s name is also the name of a kitchen cleanser?
When will the Magellan Premium Car Kit be released?
Will the Magellan Premium Car Kit be able to accommodate iPhones with cases/skins?

Once again, good luck and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Comments

• FYI: We are still working on the Car Kit Promotion details. Please look for that in the near future!
  • It wont let me pm you - send me your email and I can try the answers

Apparently I need a number of posts, etc before I can pm someone.

Thanks

Allen
  • It wont let me pm you - send me your email and I can try the answers

Thanks

Allen
    Allenchan,

It would be best if you could PM me. I believe you only need to make 15 post on the forum. This contest is specifically for GPSreview forum users. Thank you for your understanding.
  • allenchan 0 Points
    edited December 2009
    Thanks! 8)

ac
  • Tim 1480 Points
    I've activated PMs for your account.
  • Hello everyone!

Annoucing the winners of our Christmas app giveaway are: Caryrae and Modurodaue.

Thank you everyone for participating!!

The answers were:

1. ill be back someday.
    2. England.
    3. Comet
    4. Jan 5th or 7th is acceptable.
    5. Yes, fits most cases.
  • maggie.nav 0 Points
    edited December 2009
    Hey guys!

Here is the other contest I promised you.

http://www.magellangps.com/about/videocontest.asp

MagellanGPS Video Contest Terms and Conditions:
    NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.

How to Enter: Upload a self made 3 minutes or less video on YouTube telling us what you should be the winner of a Magellan RoadMate for iPhone App or the winner for a Magellan premium car kit . Send the direct link to us at: phoneapp@magellangps.com . The video must contain clear and visible Magellan logo.

Winners selection process: “Let the creative minds win”! A selected group of Magellan judges will pick the 4 most creative videos and announce the winners via email on PST Tuesday, January 15, 2010. Winning videos will also be posted on Magellan’s Facebook and Twitter fan page as well as various forums and blogs.

Prizes and Approximate Retail Value:

Grand Prize1: Magellan RoadMate for iPhone App (Downloadable from Apple store)(Approximate retail value of $100.00) and Magellan Premium Car Kit ($129 value)

Prize 2: A Magellan Premium Car Kit ($129 value)

Prize 3: A Magellan RoadMate for iPhone App

Prize 4: A $20.00 discount coupon valid valid for purchase of the Premium car kit on MagellanGPS.com

Eligibility: Open only to U.S. residents 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Participants must own an iPhone 3G/3GS / iPod Touch. Employees, contractors and agents of MiTAC Digital Corporation / MagellanGPS, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and immediate family members (parent, sibling, child or spouse of any of the foregoing) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible.

General: The winners will be notified within ten (10) days of the drawing date through e-mail or phone. If the winners enter an incorrect email address or phone number, their eligibility to the Prize will be voided and sponsor may select other winners by a random drawing. Winners should allow approximately two (2) weeks for delivery of the Prize. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes. Prizes are non-transferable. No cash or other substitutions are allowed. Sponsor can cancel this contest at any time for any reason. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the Prize. Magellan panel of judges will make the final decision.

No Warranty: By accepting the Prize, the winners acknowledge that the Prize is provided by sponsor on an 'as is' basis with no warranty of any kind. SPONSOR DISCLAIMS ALL GUARANTEES AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
  • I won the app that's awesome thanks.
  • I won also!

Thanks!

Just got my code and I am downloading now!
  • Installed and will test this week while driving to work. I will post my impressions overall and perhaps some comparisons/contrasts to the competition in a separate post.
  • Great News Guys! I have requested management to change the terms of the Youtube Contest. Now you only need the Magellan Logo displayed in your logo to qualify. So what are you waiting for? Enter now!
  • Video Contest ending in about a week. We already have a couple submitted. Would love to see a couple more!
  • Hey guys! I made a twitter account. Follow it for future news, contests and giveaway. Thanks! Please follow me @ http://twitter.com/maggie_magellan. :D
  • Last day to submit your youtube video!! Awesome Magellan Premium Car Kits and more to win!! Thanks everyone who participated. Good luck!
  • Hey guys! Thank you everyone who participated in our YouTube Contest. They were a blast to watch. Truth be told getting them was the highlight of my day.

To watch the winning videos at http://www.magellangps.com/news/contest.asp
  • maggie.nav 0 Points
    edited February 2010
    For those of you not following me on Twitter, just in time for Valentines...I am hosting a Free Magellan Roadmate App giveaway.

To enter,

1.) follow me at Maggie_Magellan on Twitter.

2.) Tweet me your sweetest Valentine's E-card.

Five winners with the most creative and sweetest e-card will be picked by select Magellan judges.

For more info, please check out http://bit.ly/bJPDau. Contest Ends 2/16/10.

For the Magellan Premium Car Kit giveaway, simply follow us on Twitter and Tweet me the picture of your favorite U.S President. Contest Ends March. 1st and will feature two randomly picked winners.
  • Just wanted to thank everyone who participated in our Valentine's promo contest. It was really great receiving all those E-cards....I haven't got so many since 3rd grade lol...so it was pretty great. Thanks again!

Edited: 2/16/10
  • Fan me at Magellan Mobile on Facebook to enter for a chance to win a free app: Magellan Roadmate for U.S & Canada ($79 value) currently featured as Staff Favorites for iTunes. We are giving away (10) Free Magellan Apps to our lucky fans.

If you haven't also follow me on Twitter for more Magellan Mobile and contest information. Thanks!
  • I will be announcing the winners of our President's Day Contest later today via Twitter. Two lucky winners will win a Free Magellan Premium Car Kit!

If you haven't yet please support and follow me on Twitter at Maggie_Magellan for more contest information and Magellan Mobile news. Thanks! :)