This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Nuvi 200 or Magellan 1200

madams2 0 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Recommendations
I own a Nuvi 350 but wanted to pick one up for my parents. They don't need or wouldn't even use any extra bells and whistles like blue tooth or MP3 player

I went out today and picked up the Mageelan 1200 and the Nuvi 200 at Black Friday sales. I figured I would read reviews when I got home and keep the better.

Problem I find now is that the 1200 looks pretty new and I can't find a decent review.

Bottom line, which would be the suggested keeper of the 2?

Thanks

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    I'm almost finished with my 1200 review, hopefully in the next couple of days. But regardless... think of this. Will your parents contact you with questions about their GPS when they have questions or problems? If so then you are in a much better position to help them out if you give them a Nuvi 200 since it is very similar to your 350.
  • That is a fair and great point. On the other hand...which is less likely to have problems? I love my nuvi but what is the added benefit that the 200 will have over the 1200?
  • Tim 1480 Points
    Personal Preferences/interface aside, the Nuvi 200 offers over 5 million POIs in contrast to about 1.3 million on the RM 1200. That will make a big difference to many people. It also offers a longer battery life. The RM 1200 isn't a bad device from what I've tested so far, but most people like the Nuvi interface better and will enjoy the additional POIs.
  • Tim - thanks for the info. My parents are pretty much only going to use this for a replacement to google maps for directions. I guess it it really a toss up at this point than.