This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Help with new Magellan Roadmate 1470 (not loading past logo)

stormchaser 0 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
I just got my new Magellan Roadmate 1470 today, but am experiencing problems, problems I am hoping are easy to fix. I plugged the device into my vehicle with the power cord to let it charge. I turned it on while it was pulgged in to see what the screen would look like, but all that loaded was the company name, a clock to show loading, and then the device turned itself off. I tried to turn it on several more times, only to the same result. It would always shut itself off. Perhaps my adapter cord is faulty and my device still has no power? Or is the device itself faulty? Any advice will be appreciated. I only hope I won't have to end up shipping it back. :(

Comments

• telemike 5 Points
    Try powering it via usb for a few hours with the units power off.
  • Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give it a try and let you know what happens. :D
  • The 1470 doesn't power from USB. Chances are if he's getting "the circle of death" the computer won't recognize that it's connected. Mine did the same thing and I sent it back a couple of days ago. Apparently this is a big problem because they promised I'd have a refurb unit in my hands within 5 days. The replacement will be warrented for the balance of the warranty on my original unit, which in my case is 2 years thanks to AAA. If I were you I'd call Magellan and get the ball rolling.
  • I just got my new Magellan Roadmate 1470 today, but am experiencing problems, problems I am hoping are easy to fix. I plugged the device into my vehicle with the power cord to let it charge. I turned it on while it was pulgged in to see what the screen would look like, but all that loaded was the company name, a clock to show loading, and then the device turned itself off. I tried to turn it on several more times, only to the same result. It would always shut itself off. Perhaps my adapter cord is faulty and my device still has no power? Or is the device itself faulty? Any advice will be appreciated. I only hope I won't have to end up shipping it back. :(
    Hi Stormchaser,

Please call us for a replacement. Please contact technical support center and they will help you. The number is
    (800) 707-9971. Have a great day