This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Roadmate 1475T won't speak street names

2»

Comments

• blico 0 Points
    Bob, I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that you can't go back. I'd gladly give up my "qwerty" keyboard and my 2nd page of "one touch" if it meant I didn't need to take a printout of mapquest as backup.
  • steelgtr 0 Points
    Bob, I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that you can't go back. I'd gladly give up my "qwerty" keyboard and my 2nd page of "one touch" if it meant I didn't need to take a printout of mapquest as backup.
    Back to Costco it goes, then :(

bob
  • I have been away for a while but I am back. Are you guys saying that the software version 2.22 is a no go. Do not do it. I stilll have the original version software that came on the unit and have not upgraded to anything yet. All I really wanted was the lag issue to be fixed. I really don't care too much either way anymore as I use the unit by sound mostly and not sight so it works ok for me. It tells me how far a turn is and when I get to it with the chime to make the turn. I guess it would be nice if it did speak street names but from what i have seen here they did not fix that......or did they. Either way should I upgrade to 2.22 or just leave the unit alone. I'm gonna keep it since I am out of the return period and it only cost me $129 at BJ's. It was a steal and as I said.......it works ok. Please let me know your opinions. Thanks
  • I just upgraded to 2.22 from 2.20, still has the lag time isssue, but everything else seems to work.
  • steelgtr 0 Points
    Can everyone with the lag problem please call Magellan?

thx

bob
  • Call them several times, almost a waste of time.
    Looks like the same problem accross the entire line of GPS that use that
    that software.