This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Volume on 1470 far too low and can't be adjusted

Snipe 0 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
I just purchased a roadmate 1470. When I first turned it on it appeared to work ok but the volume was too low. I adjusted the master volume to maximum and now I can barely hear it. The volume is inaudible.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it. I've tried resetting and I upgraded to ver 2.22 but still can't hear it. :?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm leaving on holidays in three weeks and purchased it online just for this trip...arrrg!

Comments

• elvisfan 0 Points
    If what you say is true, I would say that you have a problem. I can hear my 1470 just fine.
  • Snipe 0 Points
    Yeah I sent it to Megellan. Sucks that I had to pay to mail it. The damn thing is brand new and never been used. They will send me a refurbished unit. What a rip off. :x
  • PND4ME 0 Points
    Yeah I sent it to Megellan. Sucks that I had to pay to mail it. The damn thing is brand new and never been used. They will send me a refurbished unit. What a rip off. :x
    If it is brand new why didn't you take it back to the store you purchased it from and get a new replacement?
    If it is brand new from an auction site, you are lucky that Magellan would even consider taking the unit back.

FYI, Apple have the same exchange policy, if you buy a new unit and it turns out to be defective, they will give you a refurbished replacment. Just make sure to ask Magellan for the 1 year warranty for new product in writting.

Good luck
  • blico 0 Points
    They would have emailed you a FedEx return shipping label. But, you need to ask. They don't volunteer that info.