This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

2011.20 map update on Mapsource

Updated my 750 today tio <subj> however I cannot update the map on Mapquest and the program says there is no map on the device which is wrong.
I have an older version on MQ which I want to remove but I cannot; I uninstalled, cleaned all directories, done a fresh install and the darn thing shows up there.
How can I update the MQ map to 2011.20?
Thanks

Comments

• t923347 432 Points
    It's probably not Mapquest but Mapsource that your referring to. If so you'll need to download the update again and insure you use the Advanced option to download a copy to your PC.
  • Thanks, will do so.
  • I installex on a XP computer and it shws Basic map only, no street details. It is a fully licensed version that I just purchased online and is unlocked.
    What can be done to have details displayed?
    Thanks.
  • Did you check your dropdown list?

• actually no... since I have only one map installed. But I did and fixed it, thanks.
  • TXMOM 31 Points
    Mine shows CN North America NT 2010.40 ALL but my map is 2011.20
    How do I update it?
  • t923347 432 Points
    Did you download the 2011.20 update using the ADVANCED Option and select to install the maps on the Nuvi and your computer? If not you'll need to download the update again.
  • chesh97 0 Points
    Is this 2011.20 update available for the 800 series yet. I got an 855 a couple weeks ago and have been waiting for the newest release before I register my unit and get my one time free map update...

And on a side note.. Do you guys always download to the computer, then transfer to GPS. Is that a smarter option than downloading directly to GPS??
  • DerekW 132 Points
    Loading the map onto the computer then means that you can use programs like Basecamp to plan routes and to load tracks from the SatNav back into Base Camp so as to examine your journeys at a later date

If you do not store the map on the computer you can only use Basecamp etc to see the map when the satnav is attached to the computer.

However YMMV
  • TXMOM 31 Points
    Did you download the 2011.20 update using the ADVANCED Option and select to install the maps on the Nuvi and your computer? If not you'll need to download the update again.
    Got it now.learned something new thanxs
  • Is this 2011.20 update available for the 800 series yet. I got an 855 a couple weeks ago and have been waiting for the newest release before I register my unit and get my one time free map update...

And on a side note.. Do you guys always download to the computer, then transfer to GPS. Is that a smarter option than downloading directly to GPS??
    Yes, it's available for the 8xx. Only the 37xx series has map updates delayed due to some sort of technical difficulty.

The map update process has apparently changed. My nuvi is new enough that I never went through the old process with it.

Now you d/l a helper file and with your nuvi connected to the computer, update the mapset. The map upgrade is not stored on your computer. If you have Mapsource, you can choose the advanced option and d/l to both the nuvi and your computer.
  • 2 different units with NuMaps lifetime (totally legal copies). Worked fine for 2011.10 update, but this time neither get updated in spite of install program saying "your maps are now up to date".

On two different computers (both XP), I use myDashboard to download the install program. When I run the program it sees to work fine, although I am never presented any "advanced" option as mentioned in this forum.

It dowloads in around 30 minutes, it says it "prepares" the maps then "installs" the maps. I get a "your maps are now up to date" message and then disconnect the units from the computer. When they boot up, both still have 2011.10. Interestingly, Mapsource is updated and shows 2011.20 installed.
  • t923347 432 Points
    The ADVANCED button is a bit hard to spot. It's on the screen before the one that shows the file being downloaded, prepared and installed on the device. It is in the very bottom left hand corner of the screen.

It maybe that since you haven't gone into the Advanced screen the default is set to only be done on to your computer.