This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

county road # vs street names

I just got a Nuvi 350 and love it except for one thing. It always uses county road instead of street names. Is there a way to tell it to use the street name over counrty road if both are available?

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    No, you can't tell it which street names to speak. When searching for addresses, it will give matches to both names when both names are known, however you can't program it to speak (nor label) a specific set of street names during navigation.
  • madams2 0 Points
    not specfic, all streets. It always wants to use county road ###. If a road is called ryders lane instead of saying ryders lane is will say county road 651. That can't be changed?
  • Tim 1480 Points
    No, that can't be changed.
  • madams2 0 Points
    At least I will get to learn them by county road ### instead I guess. I didn't even know some of them had a number
  • Tim 1480 Points
    I've seen some pretty strange street names in the databases too. Every once in awhile I'll be driving around in my town and see a street name that I've never heard associated with that street.