This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Garmin Firmware Updates

Comments

• Boyd 1960 Points
    I don't know what post he was referring to either. The 1690 and 1695 have builtin cellular modems and don't use GTM receivers. They are not 3G either, they use AT&T's slower EDGE network.
  • maptechie 0 Points
    Well OK then, I think we can put this one down to being a typo or misread as you said.....

Cheers!

Bob
  • ddabcd277 47 Points
    Thanks guys. I was referring to the post where it is written what is new in the 22xx and 23xx firmware version 3.10 (in the middle of the page):

http://forums.gpsreview.net/discussion/comment/154231/#154231

May be it is not a typo. Could have some connection with the 3D traffic. Don't know. :roll:
  • maptechie 0 Points
    It say's GTM 4G alright - couldn't see it for looking at it the first time!

Bob
  • aiexbadboy 0 Points
    I went back to 5.10 and favorites work fine. I don't have issues with anything else from that version.
    :twisted: :twisted:

Think I'll stick with 5.20 then and put up with favourite icons not displaying correctly, at least we can now see POIs on screen.

You've missed the point slightly. 5.20 does bring a nice improvement; POIs now show on the navigation screen once scale drops to 200 metres. Unfortunately you now lose the favourite icons, they all revert to the default 'black square'. I'm happy tho to lose that for the benefit of seeing the POIs as I generally know where my favourites are. I'm therefore happy to stick with 5.20 and wait for the next update when, with luck, I'll get both :?
    i actually hate the way now poi icons displays while driving to destination. it slows down the map refresh/ car movement speed / auto zoom-in zoom-out speed (like laggy) and makes the screen too messy, especially driving in the city. hopefully garmin can add an ON/OFF option for displaying poi icons
  • sussamb 786 Points
    You can 'switch them off' just by zooming out to 300 feet on the 13xx and 14xx series, not sure if that's what you have?
  • aiexbadboy 0 Points
    You can 'switch them off' just by zooming out to 300 feet on the 13xx and 14xx series, not sure if that's what you have?
    yeah i have a 1350 and tried that before, works when im just browsing the map, but if im using it for routing, system will automatically zoom-in n out most of the time (such as while turning, merging lanes etc), due to the frequent auto zoom, system normally stays around 300meter or where it still display poi icons. unless im out of the city =)

hopefully garmin adds and option to enable/disable poi icons in the future update
  • Zemartelo 202 Points
    nuvi 24xx (GCD File) software version 2.50

Change History
    Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.50:
    Note: During this update the screen of your device will go blank for up to 1 minute. Please do not turn off your device until the update has completed.
    All map files now updated when the user updates the maps.
    Fixed error with custom road avoidances.
    myTrends routes now use previously traveled roads when possible.
    Many other minor improvements and fixes.
  • Ctom 0 Points
    I have a Garmin 765T and I backloaded to v.3.60 to avoid the type freeze after the 2nd letter. Any recent firmware updates that solved this problem?
  • I have a Garmin 765T and I backloaded to v.3.60 to avoid the type freeze after the 2nd letter. Any recent firmware updates that solved this problem?
    No, not recent... The update that fixed that was released that was almost a year ago! :shock:
  • Interesting! The latest update for 755T remains at 4.00, yet if you buy a new 7X5 or get one replaced it comes with 4.10.

I guess the only way we can get the update is to get our units replaced by Garmin. I tried to get 4.10 on mine, but it isn't available via normal download.

Anybody have this nuvi with firmware version 4.10?
    Can you send me on PM please.
    I logged in to mygarmin today to update traffic data. "My Dashboard" told me that a software upgrade was also available for my 765T.

I am on 4.0 so presumably this update would take me to 4.1

However I have previously suffered the pain of a faulty 3.x release where I had to revert manually.

So I am keen for:
    a) someone else to have tried this version and
    b) a changelog

Any offers?

Ian
  • SergZak 340 Points

I logged in to mygarmin today to update traffic data. "My Dashboard" told me that a software upgrade was also available for my 765T.

I am on 4.0 so presumably this update would take me to 4.1
    Probably not. AFAIK, 4.10 on the 765 is an internal Garmin release and not available to the public (they do this periodically). Use WebUpdater instead of myDashboard to avoid confusion on what is being updated. Read the sticky "myDashboard vs WebUpdater...which should I use?" here to find out why:

http://forums.gpsreview.net/discussion/16792/x/p1/
  • SergZak 340 Points
    Checking WebUpdater just now on my 765, it appears that a voice update has be made available recently: Voice European Spanish-Isabel (TTS)

v4.00 is the current firmware available
  • Thank you for the reassurance. I really didn't want to be forced to upgrade.

You are correct. Webupdater shows only voice, help and localisation files.

Thanks again
  • Ctom 0 Points
    TonyPh12345
    The text freeze problem with my 765 happened with v 3.90--Garmin kept telling me they were working on a patch to fix it , but every time I checked in they told me no patch yet. What can you tell me about the fix to this text freeze problem . Thanks.
  • alanb 529 Points
    Firmware 4.0 for the nuvi 7x5 series was released in July 2010. It fixed the typing lag problem on POI search and also the touch screen accuracy problem. 4.0 is still the current firmware version for this series if you use Webupdater. Users buying new/refurb units have reported a 4.10 firmware version, but it is not available through Web Updater.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    nuLink 1695 (GCD file only) software version 3.00 as of June 15, 2011
    WebUpdater is required to install this file.

Change History
    Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.00:

* Fixed an error that caused Unicode maps to be offered as part of the Map Update process.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    nuvi 22xx (GCD File) software version 3.20 as of June 14, 2011

Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:

* Added Yandex traffic support in Russia.
    * Fixed an error that caused the device to malfunction when disabling Auto Zoom(Only available for European locales).
    * Fixed miscellaneous bugs.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    nuvi 23xx (GCD File) software version 3.20 as of June 14, 2011

Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:

* Fixed an error that caused the device to crash when connecting to a Bluetooth phone with a nuvi 2310.
    * Added Yandex traffic support in Russia.
    * Improved trafficTrends performance.
    * Fixed an error that caused the device to malfunction when disabling Auto Zoom (Only available for European locales).
    * Fixed miscellaneous bugs.
  • Boyd 1960 Points
    * Fixed an error that caused the device to malfunction when disabling Auto Zoom (Only available for European locales).
    Well here we go again. Why oh why does Garmin think that Europeans (and Australians) need to disable Autozoom but Americans don't? This is the same as the 3700 series - if you choose a foreign location you can turn off autozoom. If you choose North America, you can't. :?
  • jangeo67 86 Points
    Boyd, could it be something to do with both the 3700 and the 2300 series having Dual-orientation capabilites?
  • Boyd 1960 Points
    Sorry, you lost me there. :?
  • sussamb 786 Points
    Will this really fix the junction view problem :D

nuvi 37xx (GCD File) software version 4.20 just been released

Change History
    Changes made from version 4.10 to 4.20:

Fixed an error that caused Junction View to show up only once during a route.
    Fixed an error that caused the device to crash at random times.
  • Chiming in...

I updated my 3790T with FW 4.20. Simulated a route to South Haven, MI from Hobart, IN (since Michigan is LOADED with JV's since the last map update). At least with 2 junction views, I can say that 4.20 is a success.

I'll keep an eye out for any potential kinks and alert you guys if something pops up.
  • Zemartelo 202 Points
    Dang where is the firmware update for the 24XX???
  • jsevinsk 0 Points
    nuvi 23xx (GCD File) software version 3.20 as of June 14, 2011
    I just bought a 2360, and it came with 2.70 firmware. Will anything break if I upgrade to 3.20?
  • ddabcd277 47 Points
    @ jsevinsk

Don't worry. Charge your nuvi battery before making the update. :wink:
  • Boyd 1960 Points
    Before updating, do yourself a favor. Locate the file on the Nuvi named gupdate.gcd - I think it will be in the hidden .System folder (you will need to set windows to show hidden and not hide protected operating system files). Copy this file to your computer - it is the installer for the 2.70 firmware currently on your unit.

After do the update, if you're having problems and want to go back to 2.70, just copy your backup gupdate.gcd back to the Nuvi. When you restart the GPS, it will then reinstall the old firmware.

While you're at it, you might want to backup the entire contents of the Nuvi actually. This is cheap insurance against problems later on. :)
  • ddabcd277 47 Points
    Unfortunately, most probably there is no such file in the nuvi memory of jsevinsk. :( Hope, I am wrong.
  • Boyd 1960 Points
    Do you think so? When I bought my 3790 a year ago, it had a gupdate.gcd file on it initially.
  • t923347 424 Points
    This is the latest one:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=5147
  • Zemartelo 202 Points
    I know about that one.
    All the newer units got a new firmware since except for the 24XX and I am anxious to get one because one of the fixes is the autozoom problem for some countries.
    Im hopeful that it will fix the dynamic autozoom reset problem.
  • ejgatt 0 Points

yeah i have a 1350 and tried that before, works when im just browsing the map, but if im using it for routing, system will automatically zoom-in n out most of the time (such as while turning, merging lanes etc), due to the frequent auto zoom, system normally stays around 300meter or where it still display poi icons. unless im out of the city =)

hopefully garmin adds and option to enable/disable poi icons in the future update
    I have the Nuvi 1490T and I also do now like the POIs to clutter my screen. Any way of someone sending me a link to a previous firware version (5.1 or 5.2?)

Thanks
  • jsevinsk 0 Points
    @ jsevinsk

Don't worry. :wink:
    I used to think that way about upgrading, but after I upgraded my 1490, I lost the icons for my favorites. So I've learned that Garmin sometimes breaks things while fixing others.
  • matthewb 0 Points
    Looks like a recent update for the 2x5 series (regular and wide) has come out recently.

nuvi 2x5 (GCD File) software version 7.40
    as of June 30, 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change History
    Changes made from version 7.20 to 7.40:
    Corrected a problem where units would go into Safe Mode without an FMI server command.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    The above update for 2x5(W) does not appear to be applicable to the 295W (old NuviPhone reincarnation). My current version for the 295W is v7.46.
  • matthewb 0 Points
    The above update for 2x5(W) does not appear to be applicable to the 295W (old NuviPhone reincarnation). My current version for the 295W is v7.46.
    Sorry about that Spyder. I assumed it would be for the whole series. I can't edit my previous post now.

You know, I am surprised they actually put out an update for the 2x5 series as many of them are now discontinued.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Not your fault. Garmin should have been more specific in their announcement. I suspected it was not so I just checked to be sure. The 295W is a very different gps.
  • sussamb 786 Points
    nuvi 13xx and 14xx series (GCD File) » Updates & Downloads

Updates & Downloads

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nuvi 13xx and 14xx series (GCD File) software version 5.40
    as of June 27, 2011

Change History
    Changes made from version 5.30 to 5.40:
    Fixed an error that sometimes caused the loss of audio and Bluetooth after a software update.
    Improved software stability.

Direct link:

http://www.garmin.com/software/nuvi13xxand14xxseries_GCDFile__540.gcd
  • sussamb 786 Points
    For those interested, 5.40 has NOT fixed the problem with favorite icons not displaying correctly. I've contacted Garmin and will post their response when I get it.
  • Garmin Nuvi 37xx software 4.30 is now up.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=5063

Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.30:

Fixed an error that disabled traffic on OEM units.

I wonder if that will help the color issue when reception is poor. As before, be sure your battery is fully charged before performing the update.
  • EWyatt 81 Points
    For those interested, 5.40 has NOT fixed the problem with favorite icons not displaying correctly. I've contacted Garmin and will post their response when I get it.
    My 1450 has 5.40. Would you specify the Fav Icon problem please? I don't see anything wrong with mine, unless I'm not seeing........
  • Boyd 1960 Points
    This was discussed in another thread. I don't have a 1x00 model anymore, but as I understand it, if you had assigned special icons to your favorites (like the little picture of a shopping cart for a store, or a pine tree for a state park) these icons were lost during a previous firmware upgrade.

This would be especially problematic on your 1450 because it has never shown the name of a favorite, just the icon. This earlier firmware upgrade changed all the favorite icons to little dots which you might not even notice on the screen.

But I am a little confused about this still. Since the earlier firmware destroyed the custom icons, I wouldn't expect for existing ones to come back. Are you saying that if you re-load your favorites along with custom icons from your computer, they still do not show correctly?
  • samsvoc 0 Points
    Does anyone know the latest firmware update for the 2460? I currently have version 2.5. Thanks.
  • sussamb 786 Points
    But I am a little confused about this still. Since the earlier firmware destroyed the custom icons, I wouldn't expect for existing ones to come back. Are you saying that if you re-load your favorites along with custom icons from your computer, they still do not show correctly?
    Sorry Boyd, missed this earlier. Yes, you're right, even though you can assign icons to favourites, since they show up properly when you go to the edit screen for the favourite, they still only appear as the default black square on the map screen. Garmin's latest response is 'we can't say when this will be fixed' :evil:
  • Does anyone know the latest firmware update for the 2460? I currently have version 2.5. Thanks.
    Yep, mine is at 2.50 too and I've been religiously updating.

Waiting for a fix for the camera button (need setting to be persistent) and bug where Junction View only shows daytime colors (assuming this doens't need to be a feature request...sending it in as one to be safe).

Don
  • Does anyone know the latest firmware update for the 2460? I currently have version 2.5. Thanks.

Yep, mine is at 2.5 too and I've been religiously updating.

Waiting for a fix for the camera button (need setting to be persistent) and
    bug where Junction View only shows daytime colors (assuming this doesn't need to be a feature request...sending it in as one to be safe).

Don
    Actually, this isn't a bug. No matter which nuvi you own, junction views are always in daytime color...unless there's something I don't know. :)

BTW, 37xx firmware 4.30 only applies to OEM models, so this is more centered toward models built into a vehicle.

Yep, mine is at 2.5 too and I've been religiously updating.

Waiting for a fix for the camera button (need setting to be persistent) and
    bug where Junction View only shows daytime colors (assuming this doesn't need to be a feature request...sending it in as one to be safe).

Don

Actually, this isn't a bug. No matter which nuvi you own, junction views are always in daytime color...unless there's something I don't know. :)

BTW, 37xx firmware 4.30 only applies to OEM models, so this is more centered toward models built into a vehicle.
    Thanks for confirming...I emailed Garmin Support to drop the seed....

:D

Don
  • samsvoc 0 Points
    My 2460LMT is showing software version 2.50 and GPS Firmware 2.70. The map update went okay. I also updated everything that was listed on WebUpdater and it went well as well, although when I recheck, it lists the same 3 updates as before. The real problem is when I update using MyDashboard. It lists new software to be downloaded but every time I download and restart the nuvi manually, it comes up as having software to download. I guess something isn't updating itself. Anyone having these issues on their 24XX? Thanks. Great gps by the way.
  • My 2460LMT is showing software version 2.50 and GPS Firmware 2.70. The map update went okay. I also updated everything that was listed on WebUpdater and it went well as well, although when I recheck, it lists the same 3 updates as before. The real problem is when I update using MyDashboard. It lists new software to be downloaded but every time I download and restart the nuvi manually, it comes up as having software to download. I guess something isn't updating itself. Anyone having these issues on their 24XX? Thanks. Great gps by the way.
    It used to be worse. Repeated runs used to show a long list of updates even after they were applied. Now it's down to 3 updates that keep showing after all updates are applied. Seems like a application bug.

Don