This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Registering Questions

1. I see that the next map update will be released at the beginning of August 2011. Is it worth waiting for that update? Should I hold of registering our 1450T until after the next map version is released?

2. Do I need to register our Garmin in order to download some of the free vehicles?

Comments

• caryrae 92 Points
    It doesn't matter when you register you unit it for map updates it's depends on when the unit first acquires a signal.

From Garmin website.
    For customers who have purchased a new* nuvi, zumo, or dezl device, the nuMaps Guarantee grants them one or more free map updates if

1. They connect the device to their computer and visit www.garmin.com/mapupdates within 90 days of first acquiring satellites on the device.
    2. A newer map than the preloaded map in the device is available, or a newer map is released within 90 days from the device's first satellite acquisition.
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    One thing to keep in mind - when you register any Garmin product, they will send you a code that's good for a 10% discount on anything purchased online. This could come in handy if you plan to download any other maps or purchase accessories. Recently I dug out some old Garmin models that I hadn't registered before and used the discounts to purchase a few things.

For free vehicles, have a look a this site. Hard to believe there is *anything* that they don't have. :D

http://www.vehiclesforgarminnuvi.com/
  • blupupher 91 Points
    One thing to keep in mind - when you register any Garmin product, they will send you a code that's good for a 10% discount on anything purchased online. This could come in handy if you plan to download any other maps or purchase accessories. Recently I dug out some old Garmin models that I hadn't registered before and used the discounts to purchase a few things.
    Really? I have registered 3 units and never gotten a code (last one was registered a month ago).
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    I guess Garmin doesn't like you. :twisted: When I purchased my Montana two weeks ago, I used the discount to buy a Birdseye subscription. Then I decided to order a mount from Garmin, so I dug out my old 60csx that I never registered and used the discount for that purchase.

So you got me wondering if maybe this only applies to handheld models. I dug through my box o' junk and grabbed a Nuvi 205 that I've had for a number of years and went on Garmin's site just now.

I haven't tried this myself, but I've heard you can even un-register one of your products and then re-register and get another discount code. Here's what the e-mail said:
    The Right Direction

Thank you for registering your nüvi® 205 at Garmin.com. By registering with us, you'll have access to the most recent information about your device.

A Special Discount Just for You

To show our appreciation for your purchase and recent registration, we're offering you a limited-time discount* of 10% on accessories and select mapping products for your nüvi® 205.

Our add-on products will help you do more with your device and the discount will help you purchase more for less. Your discount code can only be used once and will expire in 30 days so take advantage of this special offer before time runs out! Simply copy your code and enter it during checkout. Your discount code is: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX.
  • blupupher 91 Points
    Well, I got that e-mail but did not look at the bottom of it.

Oh well.