This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

iPhone Streetpilot update 7.0.0

caryrae 92 Points
edited November -1 in Smartphone Navigation
What's New in Version 7.0.0

-Enhanced pedestrian navigation with public transit routes
-3D buildings and detailed landmarks in major metro areas assist with situational awareness while navigating
-Map layers control allows for quick configuration of map features
-Suggestions aid in discovery of new destinations based on your previous search history
-Redesigned map experience features more detail and allows for panning during navigation
-Updated icons for application menus and POIs on map

Comments

• gatorguy 326 Points
    And the just released Garmin StreetPilot OnDemand (for iOS) is priced at $1 for the basic app. going to $2.99/mo or $30/year for the advanced, full-feature version.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    ... "Even without a subscription, users can still view maps, lookup points of interest and create routes. A subscription is required for turn-by-turn voice guidance with automatic off-route recalculation, real-time traffic information and multimodal pedestrian routing. "

FWIW
  • Interesting.
    Biggest problem is it requires an internet connection to work vs the Streetpilot onboard which stores map data on the phone.

Not an issue for me since I have unlimited data (for now) on my iPhone, but my wife does not.

Also if you get it before Sept 14th, you can get a year for $19.99.
  • Early reviews at the App store are not very encouraging. Some "experts" here need to try it! Hey, Mikie....... :roll:
  • I think you should try several apps to chose the one you and only you like most...