This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

i need help

i bought a garmin nuvi 205w, whilst on vacation in florida 3 years ago, and was wandering if the this model covers ALL the states in north america?? the info on the device states [1] cn lower 49 states + pr nt 2010. 10 i am visiting las vegas this month and am wandering if my garmin covers this state. many thanks. barnsey

Comments

• sussamb 813 Points
    Yes it does :)

But you can check by switching it on and selecting Nevada as the State and browsing around the map. Have fun in Vegas!
  • Yup, your map has all states except Hawaii and it also has Puerto Rico and Canada.
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    From Garmin's site
    Includes coverage of the lower 49 states, including Hawaii, plus Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, The Bahamas, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint Barthélemy and Jamaica.
    # Alaska, Canada and Mexico coverage is not included.
    https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=253&pID=28765

As you can see, it does NOT include Canada.

• many many thanks for your answers
  • t923347 432 Points
    Yup, your map has all states except Hawaii and it also has Puerto Rico and Canada.
    Small correction :) To Garmin, the lower 49 states means the normal 48 plus Hawaii. The missing one is Alaska.
  • Ah, OK.

I took cn to be Canada (but it is ca, right?) and I thought the 49 included Alaska (which makes more sense that I can drive to Alaska, but not to Hawaii).

Sorry. :oops:

But I do know Nevada is definitely on that map. :D
  • sussamb 813 Points
    Yeah, that's what I said right off :lol:
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    CN = City Navigator :D

CNNANT = City Navigator North America NT. This is the version that includes Canada.