This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Samantha Voice on my Nuvi 1450

I used to have the Samantha voice on my Nuvi 265. I just got my new 1450 and she's gone. Does anyone know how to get Samantha's voice or other English Turn-by-turn and street announcing voices onto the 1450.

Comments

• t923347 432 Points
    There are American, British and Australian female TTS voices on the 1450 by default. However, Samantha is not one of them as she was specific to the 2xx series as far as I know.
  • itzme 0 Points
    Since I posted I did more research. It sounds like I can't even add the voice. I'm sad. I miss Samantha :( :? This can't be healthy.

Actually the old 265 went into my partner's car. I was hoping Samantha could travel with both of us. Again, this can't be healthy. :? :lol:

Odd. I "upgraded" from the 265 to the 1450, and I lost better quality voices and bluetooth.
  • sussamb 813 Points
    Well if you wanted BT you should have bought the 1490. Have you also installed the latest software? That improves the voice quality.
  • itzme 0 Points
    I'm cool with no blue-tooth. I have the latest firmware from myGarmin. So the voices were worse before that?
  • t923347 432 Points
    Although software updates could improve voice quality, normally improvements would actually come from updates to the voice files. These will be listed when you check for other updates using Webupdater.
  • itzme 0 Points
    So since the 1450 came out, have they updated/added more TTS voice files?
  • sussamb 813 Points
    Yes, as said, if you use webupdater to update your software you will also get updated voice files offered (if there are any) after the software update. Run webupdater and you will find out if you have the most up to date voice files (there were changes made but I cannot recall when).

I use English Emily and she works just fine :wink:
  • jonnop 101 Points
    Agreed, Emily works well. She has guided me around France, New England and one or two other interesting places. A great lady.
  • Just curious, would it be possible to copy Samantha from the 265 and put her on the 1450?
    It is the same file type, correct?
  • itzme 0 Points
    I haven't tried, but from what I read it can't be done. Maybe someone else can chime in whose tried or who has found a way.
  • t923347 432 Points
    No, the voices on the 2xx models are not compatible with other Nuvi models.